Order Printer no longer exposing customer object, throwing Liquid errors

sdmtr
Visitor
1 0 5

As per the title, it seems that Order Printer no longer allows access to the `customer` object, and any reference to it in any template will throw a generic Liquid error. This affects all users with all combination of permissions, including store owners, so this isn't a permissions-related problem as other threads have suggested. This change appears to have happened sometime in the last 24 hours, as templates were working normally yesterday. 

Is this intentional, or is it a bug? Does Shopify maintain a mailing list where we can be notified of upcoming breaking changes like this, or at the very least a changelog so we can confirm whether it's intended behaviour?

Replies 10 (10)

HawaiianPieCo
Tourist
7 0 2

Yeah, we just started encountering this issue within the last 24-36 hours as well. At first, I thought it was me because I just got a new laptop yesterday and thought maybe that had something to do with it. But when I went back to my old laptop to run Order Printer, the same liquid errors were occurring.

I tried searching for a solution, and yeah, I ran into the bit about maybe it was because I didn't have 'permission' to access that info. The thing is, I'm the owner of our Shopify account. If I don't have permission, who does?

In any case, glad to know I'm not going crazy. I look forward to hearing back about this.

milosija
Visitor
1 0 0

The same problem here. We noticed this issue in last 24 hours. Yesterday everything worked as expected.

VillageSake
Tourist
8 0 2

Same problem here.

PSzczypinski
Visitor
2 0 0

Likewise with our store. Upvoted.

HawaiianPieCo
Tourist
7 0 2

The issue seems to have been resolved. Printing out orders this morning and the info that was missing yesterday is back. Hope this is the same for everyone else.

PSzczypinski
Visitor
2 0 0

We're seeing the same now as well, no more template errors.

VillageSake
Tourist
8 0 2

Ours has not yet been resolved. Still showing liquid internal error.

VillageSake
Tourist
8 0 2

Resolved! Thank you.

Bjorn_Forsberg_
Shopify Partner
303 4 70

Which variable is still giving you issues specifically? Looks like Shopify fixed the general issue, so knowing the exact field would be great so we can help test it for you 🙂

Bjorn Forsberg | FORSBERG+two | Award-winning Shopify Apps since 2011
VillageSake
Tourist
8 0 2
It looks like the issue has been resolved. Thank you.