Out of stock app that lets me specify products

jhinze1970
2 0 0

I spent the morning looking at a number of out of stock notification apps. All are good, but not what I need. I have a selection of products that I want customers to be able to subscribe to, not my entire store product list. Is there such an animal?

Reply 1 (1)
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1787 179 293

Hey, @jhinze1970.

Elias here with Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

I understand you're looking to utilize a back-in-stock alert app; however, you only want select products to have this option. You can use a third-party app, like Back in Stock: Customer Alerts, and create a separate product page template. This way, you can assign the template with back-in-stock for the products that you want customers to subscribe to. If you're using one of the newer themes, Online store 2.0 allows you to create templates easily. 

If you're using a Shopify-supported theme and you need help with duplicating a product page template, then this is something that our Theme Support team can help you with. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

That being said, do you not want customers to be notified for all the sold products that they'd like to purchase and why?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog