Out of stock product to waitlist

Solved
FRNZCLUB
2 0 1

Hi everyone, 

If a couple of sizes of a product is out of stock, but I plan on restocking, does anyone know an app that allows specific sizes to have a "get on the waitlist" button instead of an "add to cart"?

thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Marty
Shopify Staff
435 67 86

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @FRNZCLUB.

Thanks for your message, this sounds like a great idea. I could only find one specific app on our store for a product waitlist function: 

- Product Waiting Lists

However, another option you could look into is a pre-order app, which we offer an abundance of. This would of course allow your customers the option to pre-order a product that you intend to have in stock soon. Here are some examples:

- Coming Soon Products Preorder

- Globo Pre-Order

- Storm Pre-Order

These apps are either free or have free trial periods, so I would recommend downloading them first to ensure they can achieve exactly what you want before making your final decision. Alternatively, you could always reach out to a Shopify Expert, who may be able to customize a solution for you.

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Marty
Shopify Staff
435 67 86

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @FRNZCLUB.

Thanks for your message, this sounds like a great idea. I could only find one specific app on our store for a product waitlist function: 

- Product Waiting Lists

However, another option you could look into is a pre-order app, which we offer an abundance of. This would of course allow your customers the option to pre-order a product that you intend to have in stock soon. Here are some examples:

- Coming Soon Products Preorder

- Globo Pre-Order

- Storm Pre-Order

These apps are either free or have free trial periods, so I would recommend downloading them first to ensure they can achieve exactly what you want before making your final decision. Alternatively, you could always reach out to a Shopify Expert, who may be able to customize a solution for you.

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

globosoftware
Shopify Expert
8 2 3

Hi @FRNZCLUB & @Marty  

I'm Eric from Globo. I'm owner of Globo Pre-order

Our app provide full solution for Out Of Stock product. You can set it as Pre-Order product. Or you can add it as "waiting list"

You can see our demo for the "waiting list": https://demo-pre-order.myshopify.com/products/alex-twill-pant-sand?variant=2169272467471

We called the feature is "Restock alert". 

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

FRNZCLUB
2 0 1

Thanks, just installed it!