Parameter Missing or Invalid: Required parameter missing or invalid: channel

LL4
5 0 0

Added Facebook Shop to Shopify and products already appearing on Facebook Shop to be viewed by customers. But When i click the product to buy or view on the

'Checkout on Website" button i get the error below. Already approached Facebook Business Support and all their checks and investigations seem clear of any errors from their side so they suggested I take this up with Shopify which is what i'm doing.

Parameter Missing or Invalid: Required parameter missing or invalid: channel

Kindly help

0 Likes
Bernadette
Tourist
3 0 2

I have the same problem too, it worked well before. Since September not anymore, this problem seems to emerged right after I changed to the new Facebook Shop.

Please help.

0 Likes
mrthlo
1 0 0

Hi, i face the same issue too, do you have a solution to this already ? 

0 Likes
Bernadette
Tourist
3 0 2

Yes in fact I did find a way to solve this problem. I  deleted my old Shopify Product Catalog located in your Commerce Manager and replaced it with exactly the same Catalog again. Thats it, and it’s working fine now. Just for the worse case, do make a  back-up!

I hope this could help you out too.

LL4
5 0 0

Hi Bernadette,

I will try your solution from my side as well.

Thanks for this.

Regards,

0 Likes
Joanna11
Excursionist
11 0 4

@Bernadette  I have the smme trouble now.... can I ask you to tell me step by step what to do? Thank you!

0 Likes
Bernadette
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello Joanne,

Go to FB Business (business.facebook.com) and log-in to your account. In FB Business Suite, to go Commerce and find your Catalog. Be sure to get the latest version of your "products.csv" file from your Shopify Shop and export it into your local drive. Now go back to FB Business Suite, delete the Catalog there and replace it with the latest one you have just downloaded. This is how I got my FB Shop running again. Give it a try and maybe it will work for you, too. Somehow the csv file got corrupted and replacing it with exactly  the same  database  worked for me.

Best regards from Cologne!