Parent / Child product options with stock

ChikaraConsult
1 0 0

Hi, New to posting here, so hope this is the right thread. 

I am wondering if anyone is aware of an app that would allow a user to create products that act within parent / child relationship and take account of a central repository for stock on the child product?

I would like the parent products to appear on the website, but the child products not to appear directly for sale.  An example is that i have T-Shirts with multiple different designs available to buy - so they are listed as seperate propducts on the website.  I am looking an app that would allow me to set up the parent products as the name of each design as i currently have.  Then when a customer clicks on the design they have the variations available to select Size of T-Shirt and Colour or T-Shirt.  It would be these variations that i am looking to act as a child product to allow multiple parent products to feed of the same child products for stock count.  As in i could have 100 medium blue t-Shirts (child product) used on 10 design variations (parent products). 

At present we are having to assign a set number of Medium Blue T-Shirts to each T-Shirt design and then redistribute stock counts on all products and variations depending on what is selling better whereas i would like all products to feed off the 1 count of medium blue t-shirts, and once sold out, no T-Shirt design is available in Medium Blue etc.

Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
502 24 113

Hi

This is a common use for our bundleup app as it lets users bundle each of their variations with stock from a parent product that could be linked with a number of other products. So when you sell one item we recalculate the inventory level of all linked products to that same parent item. 

I think you refer to parent/child products the opposite to what I refer to them so apologies if that is confusing. 

The only limitation is the inventory calculation is done post purchase rather than dynamically in cart so keep that in mind.

If you need a hand in setting or testing our app please email me.

Regards

Tom

Bundleup - bundle your products and unbundle your orders.
Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io