Pinterest app completely non-functional

vfashionboutiq
2 0 2

I've have been trying to configure pinterest ads via the shopify marketing campaign tool but it keeps telling me I need to finish setting up Pinterest even though as far as I can tell it is set up and connected to my account.

Screenshot 2021-08-27 174627.pngScreenshot 2021-08-27 181654.png

I attempted to fix this with shopify chat for about an hour last night, they advised I remove the pinterest sales channel and instead install the "app" located at the following url: https://apps.shopify.com/pinterest

installing the app from there just adds the sales channel back and I'm back to square one.

They didn't know how to troubleshoot further and said I should contact shopify-help@pinterest.com which I did, and all they had to say in response is this which obviously didn't work, and I'm not even sure if they read my email tbh.

pinterest support.png

Furthermore, it says that all my products are published as pins, but I don't see any pins in my account at all. Have tried removing and re-adding pinterest as available channel to try and re-trigger this as well as disconnecting and reconnecting account etc but no effect.

Since neither Shopify or Pinterest support seem to be able to help, I am not sure how to proceed with this.

Reply 1 (1)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1155 79 137

Hi, @vfashionboutiq!

Sophia here from Shopify.

My apologies for any confusion between the old sales channel and the new Pinterest app. To clarify, the sales channel developed by Shopify was removed in late 2020. The new app appears as a sales channel as well, though it is developed and supported by Pinterest.

The shopify-help@pinterest.com email address is the correct channel to get support for the new Pinterest app. Alternatively, it is possible to get help with any third-party app installed from the Shopify App Store by going to Apps > Get support in your admin or clicking the Get support option on their listing page in the Shopify App Store.

What I can suggest is double checking to ensure your products are available on Pinterest by heading to Products > All products in the admin and either looking at the product details page for each product or selecting products to edit in bulk. The product status should be Active and Pinterest should be listed in the available sales channels. Keep in mind it can take 24-72 hours for these changes to register with the Pinterest app.

It's possible that the refresh suggested by the Pinterest app support team has worked for some users, but please respond to that email if you haven't already to let them know that the refresh didn't work for you. I'm sure that they'll be happy to continue troubleshooting with you until this is resolved.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog