Can Shopify pre-order apps isolate and manage multiple pre-orders?

Fwoosh
Visitor
2 0 2

I'm looking to add pre-orders to my shop, but it seems that the pre-order apps don't offer the functionality that I am looking for.  I want to:

1. add pre-order items - covered by apps

2. add pay in advance for pre-order items - covered by apps

3. isolate pre-order items, in-stock items can't be added to the basket if a pre-order item is in the basket and pre-orders can't be added to the basket if an in-stock item is in the basket. - not covered by apps

4. be able to run multiple pre-orders with #3 functionality. - not covered by apps

Replies 6 (6)

LittleMoose
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

@Fwoosh wrote:

3. isolate pre-order items, in-stock items can't be added to the basket if a pre-order item is in the basket and pre-orders can't be added to the basket if an in-stock item is in the basket. - not covered by apps

Why is this an important feature for you? What issues does it cause for you if a customer buys in stock items and pre-order items together?

FBO4Life
Tourist
10 0 2

If a person purchases an item B that will be in, in 4 weeks, and Item A thats in stock, then will cause customer to want item A before the pre ordered item 

Fwoosh
Visitor
2 0 2

FBO4life is correct. 

Since our new items are long lead items, we might have a prototype ready now, want to make it available for preorder today, but it won’t be in-stock for 6-12 months.

We want customers to be able to buy in-stock items, and have business daily operations run as normal.

Our current options seem to be open a new store specific to preorders, or do a Kickstarter, but since the product is already developed, the latter doesn’t make sense.

LittleMoose
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

That makes a lot of sense. It looks like the "Buy it now" button functional only lets you checkout with a single item. You could remove the "Add to Cart" button for items that are preorder only.Its not the easiest solution but I also don't see an app that would work for you.

Do you need the extra functionality the Pre-Order apps offer, in particular the email functionality?

FBO4Life
Tourist
10 0 2

This does not stop customers from purchasing other products. 

Are there any other options?

FBO4Life
Tourist
10 0 2

We are looking for a similar app.