Print Online Orders to Shopify POS Receipt Printer

batchbakedowner
Visitor
1 0 3

Is there an app out there that will allow for automatic printing of receipts to my Shopify POS Receipt Printer?

I have online pickup orders that come through and printing out automatic receipts from these online orders for fulfillment seems like a very easy thing for Shopify to have but I can't find any solution out there. Can someone help? 

Replies 12 (12)

peterloane
Shopify Partner
44 5 14

Is section "Print receipts automatically" here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/pos-classic/setup/receipts what you need?

WickStreet
Tourist
7 1 6

No, the POS will only print POS sales. Not online orders. It's very frustrating that it's been years that we have been asking for the ability to just print an order when it's submitted online, and there's no movement from Shopify at all.

psome
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

I developed have an automatic order printing solution for a web app outside the realm of Shopify. 

I wonder if it could be repurposed for print online orders to the POS receipt printer.

Can I learn more about your POS computer setup. How many terminals do you have. What type or computer is it? Which receipt printer do you have?

Let’s connect and I’ll show you a demo of the current solution.

Laura_Haickel
Visitor
2 0 4

I get my online orders printed directly just by adding my hp printer email address to the notification sent when there is a new order.

Works like a charm !

sinzen
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Could I ask you how did you set automatic print job with printer ?

nyco93
9 0 0

Hi Laura,

I try to do the same thing. Does it have to be a special kind of printer then? (Cloud printer..) Or do you have to set up some settings in your printer? Because to add an email in the order notification section is easy but how do you set up the automatic printing? Thanks!

WickStreet
Tourist
7 1 6

It needs to be an hp, with their "eprint" capability. Pretty much any current HP will work, I've used multiple Officejet, desk_jet, and currently a color Laserjet - M454dw to make it happen. The Laserjet has been the best, it's been working for almost a year now with no issues. You get setup on the printer with an eprint email address, you can set your own address or take the default jumble of letters, and enter that address into Shopify order notifications. Now when you get an order, about 5 seconds later your printer will print it out.

SeagraveIO
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Is the HP ePrint solution still working for you.  I purchased a printer, set it up and it works great when I send emails to the printer.  When Shopify sends the Staff Order Notification emails, it only works less than 10% of the time.  The emails from Shopify use (spoof) my email address and domain, so I wonder if the emails are getting rejected by the HP ePrint Service.

WickStreet
Tourist
7 1 6

The ePrint has been working for 3 years now. I won't say it works flawlessly, but I'd say 95% of the orders print like they should. Probably 1-2 times a month they will stop printing, and I'll power cycle the printer and then the orders that didn't print will come pushed through. I have had times where I tell Shopify to push a test order to the printer and it won't come out, but I can send an email to the printer with no problem. But it's working reasonably well.

SeagraveIO
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

I appreciate the update.  I checked my clients domain settings, and realized that the DNS CNAME entries were incorrect for sending emails.  I’ve made the corrections on the GoDaddy DNS and to re-test in 24-48 hours after replication.  

amor-lafayette
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello!! I am trying to get this set up at my store and I added the printer email to notifications but it isn't working, I can't even get a test page to print. I know the printer will work because it works when I send it an email from my gmail. Any thoughts on how I can fix this??!? Thank you!!!!

SeagraveIO
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

I think the HP service is blocking email, based upon bad or improper SMTP headers.  When Shopify sends the emails, its send "onbehalf" of the email.  this is an old-school way that spammers sent emails, and many systems block those emails. Meaning, they don't get printing.  If you can send emails directly to the printer from Gmail, Yahoo, or other account, this proves the point.  In Shopify and your DNS records, verify the use of the email address. This might be your issue.