I'm looking for an app (or apps) that can help me with this flow:
1. Customer orders item and adds attachment (logo)
2. Customer proceeds to checkout and pays
3. Supplier creates digital prepress proofing (it has to be done manually, so no Inkybay) and adds this to the customers order
4. Customer approves the prepress proofing (go to step 5), or asks for changes (back to step 3), or cancels order
5. When customer approved prepress proofing, supplier fulfills order
It's a kind of reconfirmation on an order with an updated attachment.
Hi koscher & Diane,
I recently created an app that does exactly this. It's called Proofer Proof Management: https://apps.shopify.com/proofer
It automates the entire proof process flow:
1. You select an order from your Shopify admin backend
2. You upload a proof file and add an optional note for the customer
3. The customer automatically receives a notification that their proof is ready to be reviewed
4. They can view the proof on a new sub-page of your store (similar to an order status tracking page)
5. The customer can either approve the proof or request changes by entering a comment
6. You receive the approval/rejection notification and can fulfill the order or respond with a new, revised proof
On the app's order dashboard, you're always able to see which orders still require a proof to be uploaded, whether the customer has accepted/rejected a proof, etc. The app can also automatically remind customers if they haven't yet reviewed the proof after X days.
If you decide to give the app a try and have any questions or feedback, just let me know, I'm happy to help!
Is there a way for the customer to upload the file that they would like to use. The app looks like you have to upload the file (which the customer still sends you through other means). Can you clarify that?
thanks for your message! The Proofer app takes care of the "after-sales" process for custom orders (sending a proof to the customer, collecting the customer's response, giving you an overview of the current status of all customer proofs, and the ability to upsell a digital version of their proof, for example). To allow the customer to upload a file during the order process itself, you would have to use an app like UploadKit, for example.
Just let me know if you run into any other questions!