Solved

How can I edit product text on a deleted app?

Josetheman
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I previously had an app installed to edit my products. This is how it currently looks. I've been looking all over like crazy for the app, but activity history won't go past 250. I'm trying to remove the text 'price per box' and change it to something else. Also, remove the red square that says 'Sq. Ft'. I already tried many apps and looking through the code, but I'm not able to figure it out. It's one of my first websites and I wanna know if anyone can help me out. 

shopiffy.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Josetheman!

Because this involves a third party app, I won't be able to advise you here or with any other code related questions. However, I can help point you in the right direction to get this sorted.
If you're using one of our free Shopify themes, then our themes team may be able to look into the code to try and determine what the app is/if it is possible for them to remove the code themselves. For this, you would need to reach out to our support here and the team will be able to take a closer look.

If you are not using one of our free themes, then you may need to contact the developer of your theme directly, who will also be able to look into your code and try help you locate this app. alternatively, if the app developer cannot help, you could try to look into this with Shopify Experts. Experts are freelancers that are trusted in the Shopify community and charge their rates based on the work that they do. They have the ability to look into custom coding related issues.

Another thing you could try before the above suggestions is to check the Edit Languages settings in your theme, which are found by going to Online store > Actions on your live theme in the admin:

23-13-80316-506

The reason that I am guiding you to this section is because you mentioned that you would like to remove the text 'price per box', and since you did not find it in the code yourself, it could possibly be found in those settings.
When you open this, the settings are broken down into different sections of your theme, and I recommend you check all of the ones that may be relevant and do a ctrl+F search for that phrase to potentially highlight it and find it quicker:

23-17-86426-35923

You mentioned that this is one of your first stores,- how are you finding Shopify so far? From the screenshot you shared I can see you sell flooring, do you sell other building/renovation materials also? Please do tell me a little more about your business and I will see if there is anything else I can share with you to make your journey with Shopify easier!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Josetheman!

Because this involves a third party app, I won't be able to advise you here or with any other code related questions. However, I can help point you in the right direction to get this sorted.
If you're using one of our free Shopify themes, then our themes team may be able to look into the code to try and determine what the app is/if it is possible for them to remove the code themselves. For this, you would need to reach out to our support here and the team will be able to take a closer look.

If you are not using one of our free themes, then you may need to contact the developer of your theme directly, who will also be able to look into your code and try help you locate this app. alternatively, if the app developer cannot help, you could try to look into this with Shopify Experts. Experts are freelancers that are trusted in the Shopify community and charge their rates based on the work that they do. They have the ability to look into custom coding related issues.

Another thing you could try before the above suggestions is to check the Edit Languages settings in your theme, which are found by going to Online store > Actions on your live theme in the admin:

23-13-80316-506

The reason that I am guiding you to this section is because you mentioned that you would like to remove the text 'price per box', and since you did not find it in the code yourself, it could possibly be found in those settings.
When you open this, the settings are broken down into different sections of your theme, and I recommend you check all of the ones that may be relevant and do a ctrl+F search for that phrase to potentially highlight it and find it quicker:

23-17-86426-35923

You mentioned that this is one of your first stores,- how are you finding Shopify so far? From the screenshot you shared I can see you sell flooring, do you sell other building/renovation materials also? Please do tell me a little more about your business and I will see if there is anything else I can share with you to make your journey with Shopify easier!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Josetheman
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your response, 

I was able to figure it out through the ‘product-price-listing.liquid’. I don’t know why I wasn’t able to find it in the last 20 hours that I’ve been breaking my head. Today, I found it right away in the morning. I currently sell vinyl floor and wood. Also baseboards and mouldings. We’re a young company that’s currently expanding.

lbdesigns
Visitor
3 0 0

I need to set up a site for a new carpet and flooring company. Can you help me?