product/delete webhook not working

iamdeepakbasnal
Shopify Partner
7 0 6

Hey guys!
I have registered webhook through my app. Product delete webhook is sending response to server application, if I have deleted product from shopify product listing page. But when product is deleted from edit product page then the webhook not sending response to server application. Below is the webhook I have registered

I have one question:

Is there any other webhook endpoint for deleting product from edit product page ? Or I am missing something.

Thanks in advance

Deepak

Replies 15 (15)
Vadim1
Shopify Partner
16 0 7

Same problem here. Product deletion webhook seems not working at all. Any news?

iamdeepakbasnal
Shopify Partner
7 0 6

Can someone from Shopify team look into this ?

Kolby1
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Same problem, product deletion webhook is not working

Alex
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1561 81 321

Hey everyone. Would whoever this is still affecting be able to let me know both whether your webhook was created via the API or through the admin and whether you are performing product deletions through the API or admin?

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Vadim1
Shopify Partner
16 0 7

In my case, webhook was created in the admin interface under Notifications settings. Product deletion was performed in the admin interface as well.

Vadim1
Shopify Partner
16 0 7

Also, I tested webhook created using API in my application with a store connected to it, it's not working either.

VladimirC
Shopify Partner
12 0 4

The "products/delete" webhook not working in my app as well. It exists and is pointing to the correct URL address but never triggered on products deletion. I found this bug a week or two weeks ago but I thought that it's probably a lag in Shopify. It wasn't critical for me then but now it is.

So I deleted a product 30 min ago and based on server access logs the products/delete callback script has never been called.

VladimirC
Shopify Partner
12 0 4

@Alex wrote:

Hey everyone. Would whoever this is still affecting be able to let me know both whether your webhook was created via the API or through the admin and whether you are performing product deletions through the API or admin?

My webhooks was created via API. Product deletion was performed using Admin.

Alex
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1561 81 321

I'm going to defer to this larger thread to keep all of the communications in one place. Look there for further updates as they arise.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

thesilkroad
Tourist
4 0 1

Webhook was created via the API and I am performing product deletion through the admin.

shivam2904
Shopify Partner
3 0 8

Hello Alex,
I am facing issue regarding product delete webhook . I have checked for some cases.
case 1 : I have created a new product with only title "Test Product" and then delete it.
   result : I have received the product delete webhook.

case 2 : I have created another product with title "Test Product 2" and added a image and then delete it.

result : I haven't received the product delete webhook.

I have checked these 2 cases from API calling, Manually from admin panel and also from GraphQl but the result are same.
Please check at your end.

boctulus
1 0 1

WebHooks for deletions are Not working even at 2021.

Tested for:

topic=products/delete

Result: it fails

Kolby1
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Yeah, still not working for me either. Hans't worked since the start of this thread

VladimirC
Shopify Partner
12 0 4

Have you reported it to Shopify? The last time that happened, it was fixed eventually.

danpamfil
2 0 0

webhook for products/delete created from API

create product (with details, image and inventory) from API

delete product from API make correct trigger (sometimes 2 min delay)