"All payment methods failed" when I want to pay for SMSBump

Allison27
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!, I got a problem when I try to pay $20 to SMSBump, shopify just says "All payment methods failed", please help

Reply 1 (1)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @Allison27!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Depending on the page that you're getting that error there are a couple of things to look at. However, before we talk about those, I recommend checking your payment method first to make sure you have enough funds, activated the card, it's unlocked, etc.

Once you've confirmed that your payment method is ready to make purchases, then we want to check what page you're on when you're getting the error.

Scenario 1:

Are you inside the app loading credits for use? If you're in the app, you can check your payment method and change it to another one under Settings > 'Payment Method' section of your app (not your Shopify admin)

If that doesn't work for you, this means you'll need to connect with the app developer. You can do this one of two ways:

Scenario 2:

Are you outside of the app (not in it) and getting the error in your Shopify admin settings? If you're in Shopify and trying to make a purchase, but your payment fails you'll receive a banner on the page in your admin stating this.

Receiving the error in the admin means that you're processing a purchase that isn't inside the app. In this case you can check under Settings > Billing > Payment Methods in your Shopify admin. There you'll be able to change your payment method if necessary.

Alternatively, if that doesn't work you can contact our live support team so they can securely authenticate you and review any errors with you.

Other notes

I love that you're using text messaging as a way to connect with your subscribers! SMS is fantastic for having a higher open and click-through rate and less likely to be missed.

Be sure to have a beefy email marketing branch to your business as well. SMS and email go together like donuts and coffee! An email will be important for brand recognition, customer engagement, and long-form interactions where visual appeal is needed. Text is excellent for immediate attention, flash sale alerts, order status notifications, and other time-based promotions.

If you haven't had a chance to check out our Compass site, I highly recommend it! It has so many premium courses that you can access for free anytime as a Shopify merchant. At the time of this reply, we have 4 full courses on email marketing for various levels of experience.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog