"This Instagram business account is already linked to a Commerce account on Shopify"

elemntoph
Visitor
1 0 5

I was trying over and over to get approved by Facebook for Instagram Shopping to no avail. They said the domain I provided doesn't allow customers to checkout. I already had the domain verified on Facebook. I already had an approved Commerce account and the Shopify Catalog feed is working normally but I still got rejected so I decided to redo everything.

I disconnected my IG and FB.
I switched back to a personal IG, then reverted to Business and connected my IG to my FB.
Deleted and reinstalled FB App in Shopify.
Had a new Commerce account for review and got approved.

This second setup went smoothly until I tried adding my Instagram in the FB Business Manager. I got this error:

2021_01_21_08_16_39_95_Shopify_Commerce_Account.png

How do I go about this? I understand this might have been because of the old Commerce account still being connected my IG account but I'd like to move forward and have it over this new Commerce account? Please help! 

Replies 31 (31)

PaalCoffee
Excursionist
10 0 5

Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem. Have been trying for weeks, to no avail. And I'm pretty sure I have checked EVERY possible option to verify that the domain/URL settings.

When you say you disconnected you IG and FB, do you mean from Shopify, or from each other?

And when you say you had a new Commerce account for review, did you start over in Catalog Administration setting it up from fresh?

Anything else I should be aware of?

I would appreciate any effort to help, as it's a real pain not getting this to work.

Thank you 🙂

Pål

Mbial-Business
Shopify Partner
46 1 3

Hello, I was wondering if you managed to fix your issue yet? if not I am happy to help you.

info@mbial.com
Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/shop_instagram
WhatsApp: +212 6 87 03 10 16
Facebook: https://facebook.com/mbialbusiness
Instagram: https://instagram.com/mbialbusiness
drippy
Tourist
3 0 0

I would love some help! Been waiting on facebooks help since December.... "This Instagram business account is already linked to a Commerce account on Shopify" I also cannot set up Instagram shopping etc. 

thehuntressny
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you discover a solution to this yet?

Unlikelyfarmers
Tourist
7 0 2

Be careful. When I unlinked everything and tried to relink. IG flagged me an an imposter and took away my ads rights. So annoying!!! I am currently paralyzed. 

fleur2019
Excursionist
22 0 4

Ugh, it is such a minefield isn't it! I'm afraid I don't have any help I can offer. I hope it gets resolved soon.

FrustratedGuy
Visitor
1 0 0

Has anyone managed to sort this issue? I have been trying to fix it for over 6 months to no avail. I don't know what else I can even try at this stage other than deleting the page and starting again. I have so many good followers that I don't want to do this. 

Cheers.

fleur2019
Excursionist
22 0 4

Sorry for the late reply! I'm afraid it is all a trial and error kinda thing unfortunately. Hope you get it sorted.

FigFemme
Visitor
1 0 0

Did anyone solve this issue? We are having the exact same problem!

mohamed0laa
Visitor
2 0 0

im having THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE and i have tried EVERY possible solution on both facebooks, instagram and shopify's side but with no luck and no one seems to know whats causing this problem

lrigato
Visitor
1 0 0

Did anyone solve this issue? Still can't solve it. 

Debandoll
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi I disconnecting the IG account from FB, and converted it to a personal profile. I left it for a week and then converted it back to a business account and connected  it to a brand new business manager account and this did the trick. 
Hope that helps 🙂 

Debandoll
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi we are having the same error message  Did you manage to fix it?

Thanks Debbie

thehuntressny
Visitor
2 0 0

I have done everything to figure out how to get our products back on Instagram. Same issue. It took a miracle just to link IG back to FB, so at least I can run ads and stuff. However, the Instagram store just won't happen. Talked with Shopify support and Facebook support. Shopify is giving credit to Facebook. Facebook just sends me an FAQ page. Shopify needs to pressure Facebook to be a better partner. It reflects poorly on Shopify, even though it seems evident this is not their fault. If you get an answer please post!

Mbial-Business
Shopify Partner
46 1 3

Hello, I am happy to help you solve your issue. 

Can we schedule a meeting in Zoom to work on it? 

info@mbial.com
Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/shop_instagram
WhatsApp: +212 6 87 03 10 16
Facebook: https://facebook.com/mbialbusiness
Instagram: https://instagram.com/mbialbusiness
Unlikelyfarmers
Tourist
7 0 2

Shopify. Schedule one for me too. 

PaalCoffee
Excursionist
10 0 5

Hi,

I'm still having the same issue. I have gone to the step where I have set up a new FB ad account, new commerce account, new IG account (!!) and gone through all the various steps and recommendations. Currently I'm working on presence on the new IG account to have it approved for IG Shopping. Will post when I get any further.

My impression is that this isn't necessarily on Facebook. Or, to be specific, it's probably on the way Facebook's sales channel app connects Shopify to Facebook. A while back I noticed that there is a catalogue connection set up with Shopify as the owner. This catalogue was automatically set up when I connected Shopify to Facebook and Instagram (in the old sales channel apps). This catalogue is owned by Shopify, and my Business Manager is a partner with access to it. So I am not allowed to make major changes and delete it.

In other words, the catalogue resides in Shopify's Business Manager, and it's connected to my Facebook page and my Instagram account.

This is where I think the problem might come from, since the error message says "This Instagram business account is already linked to a Commerce account on Shopify". Shopify won't reply to questions regarding this, they will just tell mee to go to Facebook with it. Facebook will tell me to check that my IG is properly set up and appeal through IG, IG will give me some automated reply that doesn't help at all.

Another thing that I've been thinking about: one of the error messages I have been getting from IG is that my account isn't approved for IG Shopping due to products not being available for direct purchase on the website associated with the account. If the IG account, through my FB page, is connected to Shopify's Business Manager, and Shopify's Business Manager has done something with the settings there (don't know if it's even possible, just a suspicion), that "locks" the account to Shopify's business manager.

mohamed0laa
Visitor
2 0 0

same exact thing is happening to me

jonliow
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi PaalCoffee, did you manage to find a solution to this? I have been trying to solve this for 6 months! Please let me know if you found a way to resolve this. 

Cheers

J

PaalCoffee
Excursionist
10 0 5

Hi @jonliow - no, still struggling.

I'm pretty sure the problem here is that I initially used Shopify to connect to Facebook Business Manager, but in that process the catalog was created in SHOPIFY's business manager, and I only have access to it. Shopify is listed as owner in my Business Manager. It's still there, and I'm unable to get any help from Shopify - they just claim that they do not do this, pretending it's a non-existing issue.

P

jonliow
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply PaalCoffee. We've been speaking to both FB and Shopify for months and no one can help. 

fleur2019
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi,

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I am in the same unfortunate position in that I am getting the same message. Facebook support are pointing the finger either at Shopify or Instagram and Shopify is pointing the finger at either Facebook or Instagram. I am just wondering if you got  a resolution to your issue? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

PaalCoffee
Excursionist
10 0 5

Hi @fleur2019,

I'm sorry, we gave up and started fresh with a new IG-account, new Ad-account i FB, new commerce account, new setup in Shopify with the new Facebook integration. That turned out all good. I still believe it's a problem with the old FB-integration from Shopify creating a catalogue owned by Shopify, prohibiting me from making changes. This catalogue then made a mess when I removed the old integration, and that we have not been able to fix it. I have no clue why it would make IG reject our shopping request, their response was that the registered website had no products available for direct purchase. I was able to get some help, through a FB Marketing Expert (the ones that contact you by email when you have a certain ad spend over time). He was told by some "internal Instagram group" that the reason was probably that I had listed my website without the leading www, and that IG was then not able to access it as it would default to http, and not https. It all seems like b*ll$4!t to me, as ANY proper web app should be fully able to redirect with/without www and regardless of http/https.

Anyways, in short: we gave up after 6 months, and started fresh. Works 100% now.

fleur2019
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi @PaalCoffee,

Thank you so much for getting back so quickly. As much as I would like to start afresh, I have a following of just under 3K on Instagram and that was hard work. Maybe I'll start with disconnecting Shopify from Facebook and see if that possibly is the answer. It is super annoying that I have taken out quite a bit of advertising with both Facebook and Instagram and I am paying Shopify every month and none of them are helpful tbh.

Thank you again for getting back to me, much appreciated.

Kind regards

PaalCoffee
Excursionist
10 0 5

Hei @fleur2019,

I don't want to crush your hopes, but we also had thousands of followers and spent tens of thousands in advertising in the timespan in question. Still, nobody at FB/IG would acknowledge the problem, and nobody at Shopify were able to help. I believe that Shopify has a Facebook Business Manager account (or several) with LOADS of catalogues for our stores, that are now useless and unavailable for us after the upgrade to the new Facebook integration. They all probably know it, but they don't want to take responsibility for it.

My 2 cents...

And btw, we tried EVERYTHING, and new accounts was our only way out. I cross my fingers and hope for the best for you, but I'm not a believer on this matter. Sorry.

fleur2019
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi @PaalCoffee,

That is just crushing you had to delete your IG account, etc. I have now gone and deleted everything Facebook on my Shopify. And still a data source is hanging on in my Facebook Business Manager that I cannot delete.  I will find a different way of getting products from Shopify up on Facebook.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me, very much appreciated. Wishing you success with the new setup!

Kind regards

PaalCoffee
Excursionist
10 0 5

Hi @fleur2019,

Just a thought. Some report that they are successful in disconnecting the IG account from FB, and converting it to a personal profile. Then, leaving it for a few days before converting it back to a business account and connecting it to a new business manager account. I don't know, but better than abandoning the account completely if that's the only option left.

fleur2019
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi @PaalCoffee, apologies for the late reply! I managed to get it to work by disconnecting Instagram and Facebook, deleting the catalogue and then tried again a few days later. All good now, fingers crossed!

Thank you again for replying to my post. Much appreciated.

Kind regards

kyloandco
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey what does it mean to disconnect it? Where would I do that?

jday04
Visitor
2 0 0

I was able to reconnect FB and IG to shopify once I disconnected my Commerce Manager Account here https://business.facebook.com/commerce/ at the very bottom. This will disconnect everything. Then you should be able to re-connect on all platforms.

jday04
Visitor
2 0 0

I also clicked back just now and have already been approved.