Re-connecting Instagram Shopping

migreen06
Excursionist
17 1 15

That's great that it's working now!

I would like to think I may have had something to do with it but probably not... We had the same problem that everyone described here since December. Each time I spoke with customer support at Facebook, I was told the same useless info that they would escalate the issue to their technical support team and then it would never get fixed. I finally had enough, I made a new ticket with Facebook literally 3 to 4 times a day every day for 2 straight weeks.

Then, someone named Akmal with FB support just so happened to be assigned to my FB support chat. He claimed he could fix it for me and I told him that I have already been told that over 50 times and he probably wouldn't succeed. Three days later he emailed me and told me it was fixed. It actually was finally fixed!! That was about a week and a half ago.

Since then, because of the ridiculous amount of support tickets I made, I have been contacted by FB support dozens of times with an update from someone claiming that they were still working on it.  I responded to each of them with Akmal's contact info and told them they needed to speak with him so he can teach them how to do their job.

ModestHut
Excursionist
13 0 11

so maybe it had something to do w it and I've been emailing people from FB telling them not to touch anything bc now my main issue is fixed.  Now the only thing is that my other issue isn't fixed,  which is branded content.  Insta says I'm not eligible bc i don't have enough followers or a presence even though I have 177k  followers.  So I know it's bs but no one will take that seriously either.  They tell me that I used to have a page that had a content violation (that i had no idea about) and then I got someone from FB to help me merge that page to a new page bc it was during the time when I was trying everything to get everything hooked up and at the moment Instagram was making me create a new page so that it could connect to a FB page.  Long story long, it was a FB concierge that I asked if it would mess anything up if i merged the two pages and he said NO and once they were merged I've had no branded content since.

1197DAD9-5ABA-47A6-82D0-CD48FADCD83E.png

1DAADB12-B7A2-4A3A-A7E9-D1836AB86BAD.png

migreen06
Excursionist
17 1 15

I don't have any idea of how to fix that but if you think it is some sort of mistake, I suggest you do what I did. It seemed to work. Just make a new ticket over and over again until someone can actually help you. Good luck! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

lizagarza
1 0 0

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Could you tell me where you are submitting a ticket? Or possible share Akmal with FB support contact information.  I can't seem to figure out how to contact facebook at all.

i keep getting this message and have been dealing with it for a few months.

"this instagram account is already connected to a commerce account. To continue using Instagram shopping u 

need to delete the connected commerce account. contact facebook to help you resolve the issue."

Glad you got your issue resolved. 

0 Likes
ModestHut
Excursionist
13 0 11

the best way to "try" to fix ur issue would be to go to ur commerce acct then in the overview go to "learn more"  in the bottom right and click  "contact us".  That way u will be talking w/  a commerce "expert" but good luck to you.  If you try and delete a catalog and it says "violated integrity issues" it might be a long  and annoying road for u like it was for me.