Recommendations for a lightweight image slider

Steven_Gross
3 0 0

We are currently using powr.io on the site to power our image slider - https://www.fidminc.com/pages/interior-doors - and the load times on it are absolutely horrid and are killing our page speeds on mobile. Does anyone know of a lighter weight image slider that we could use here? Thanks!

Replies 2 (2)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1589 195 355

Hey, @Steven_Gross 

I'd recommend looking into an app such as HeroSlider that is new to the app store. They offer a 14-day free trial that you can use to determine if the app suits your needs. They also support lazy loading images. This is used instead of loading the entirety of the images and rendering it to the user in one go. The concept of lazy loading assists in loading only the images when it is needed by the user. Typically when they scroll down where the slider is now in view.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hacketyapps
Shopify Partner
38 2 4

The app recommended above is really nice and it should work like you want. I would also check to make sure the images are optimized properly like compressed and not saved in a resolution that uses a lot of data.