Removing Shopify Business Manager as Page Owner on Facebook Page

gwilliams
Pathfinder
153 0 34

We have been experiencing issues with connecting/updating our Instagram shop on our Facebook page due to Shopify Business Manager being classed as the page owner. I have recently joined the company and limited to posting across Facebook and Instagram as it saying I need to be an admin of the Shopify Business Manager Business account to do this. I believe this was set up a couple of years ago by someone who doesnt work at the company anymore and is no longer an admin of the Facebook page. I would have thought that because I am an admin of the facebook page, I was able to do this myself.

I have contacted Facebook Business Support but they are saying that the original admin could only do this, which isn't possible for us.

Please could anyone advise on what to do.

page-owner-screenshot.png

Replies 17 (17)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @gwilliams 

Thank you for bringing this issue you are having to our attention. I can only imagine how frustrating it can be to try and get this resolved. 

I would recommend reaching out to our live support and asking them to escalate this to our Technical Support team for you for a closer investigation. I can't guarantee the outcome, but that would definitely be our next steps at the moment. Before reaching out, please know that our technical team will require very specific screenshots from within the Facebook Business Manager. I will include the steps for that below. 

Once you have the screenshots available, showing that you are the admin and have the correct page roles assigned, you can reach out to our live support to ask them to escalate this for you. Please follow this link to reach our live support when you are ready: Contact Support - Shopify Help Center.

SHOPIFY FACEBOOK CHANNEL

In your Shopify store admin, please go into your Facebook sales channel and review the account information under Settings > Accounts and Settings > Data Sharing Settings. If your Facebook channel is not completely setup yet, you should still be able to see the connected accounts listed in the areas that are setup. 

25-19-48083-80476

25-17-17378-15071

This is the account and pixel currently connected to your Shopify store. And we will be referring back to this area to compare the account information on Facebook.

FACEBOOK BUSINESS

Next step is to sign into Facebook Business and confirm the same information in our business account with Facebook. You can go to https://business.facebook.com/ and you will want to make sure you are logging in with the same account shown next to reference A.

If you are unsure which account you are signed in under, you can open the business page in a private/incognito window instead.

Once signed into Facebook Business, please make sure you have the correct page selected in the upper left side just above "Home". Next, click on the shopping cart icon on the left hand column for "Commerce" and then open the Commerce Settings section:

25-18-46985-2392

Please compare the references B, C and D to the sections marked in your Shopify store admin. I will also require a full screenshot of this page, including the URL in the address bar to provide to our technical team.

PAGE ROLES

Last step is to confirm what is setup within our Facebook Business Page on Facebook.com, this is to ensure that the business page is managed by the correct admin accounts.

From the Commerce Manager, click the three lines for More Tools then Page Settings, this will open a new tab in your browser. In your page settings, please choose Page Roles and confirm the information matches the reference below:

25-25-21441-69160

I will also require a full screenshot of this page, including the URL in the address bar to provide to our technical team.

Please don't hesitate to reply back here if you have any additional questions you need help with. 

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

gwilliams
Pathfinder
153 0 34

Hello

Thanks for coming back to me on this.

Our Facebook page isn't fully set up on the back end of Shopify as it says we need to be admin of the business manager to do this.

Also, I don't have a commerce manager section on the Facebook page.

Finally, I can't find an online chat service to Shopify on the link you provided. Just had to click on my site login and no live chat link.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @gwilliams 

For contacting our live support when you follow the link: Contact Support - Shopify Help Center, you will be prompted to login to your store. From there, you will be asked to search for your issue. You can use the search term "Facebook Sales Channel" as your keywords and at the bottom of the search results will be the option to continue to contacting support. 

If you continue to have troubles connecting to our live support, please feel free to share a screenshot of the last step you are able to get to and I will guide you from there. 

If you are seeing an error message that you are not the admin for the Business Manager you can confirm that by signing into business.facebook.com with the same Facebook account you are connecting to within Shopify. Once signed in you can review the permissions available in that Business Manager account, which is also where you will be able to review your commerce settings. 

Our live support can assist you with finding that information once you get connected. 

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

gwilliams
Pathfinder
153 0 34

Hello

I contacted Shopfiy support via live chat and they informed me that they couldn't resolve the issue as it's down to Facebook. Facebook Live support weren't helpful either saying they couldn't remove the page owner.

It's very frustrating as we can't connect and sync our shopify shop to either Facebook or Instagram accounts.

jen8219
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, I can definitely relate to your frustration, I am wondering if you resolved your problem?, If so would you mind sharing how you did it?  I have gone through the EXACT same thing for several weeks now, with both Shopify and FB not being able to help at all, and I mean they have been absolutely useless, they keep giving me the same answers time after time, without any real answer or solution.  Thank you so much!

gwilliams
Pathfinder
153 0 34

Unfortunately not! I did try to create a new Facebook account and connect Shopify to Facebook and Instagram but was instantly rejected due to having no established presence due to it being a new account. Very fustrating as we can't showcase our products well on our social media pages!

jen8219
Visitor
3 0 0

Oh!!!! I'm so sorry!!! but it's exactly my problem.  I did try the new FB account as well but with the same result.  If I figure out a fix I will be sure to let you know.  Thank you so much for your response.

Cshelf
Visitor
1 0 0

I also need help with this how can I contact you?

claudiadinu
Visitor
1 0 0

As Shopify didn't really offer too much help in this matter, I went ahead and deleted my Commerce Manager account which had deleted any previous shops, catalogue etc and have created a new Commerce manager account in order to create a new Facebook shop with a new catalogue for my Facebook page, which I successfully completed and now I just have to update it with my new products, in order to appear on both Facebook and Instagram sales channels. 🙂

My feedback to Shopify is to leave admin rights to both the Facebook page owner and Shopify when creating a Facebook shop through Shopify, in order to avoid all this nonsense.

gwilliams
Pathfinder
153 0 34

Are you able to send me through instructions on setting this up as this would be really helpful!

email is grant@enamelshades.co.uk

Many thanks

gwilliams
Pathfinder
153 0 34

I've just tried deactivating the commerce manager and wouldn't let me as it seems our facebook page has violated facebook's terms and conditions...

anitanz
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having this same issue and for months have tried both Shopify and Facebook to remove the Shopify business manager account and the commerce account. I have created new Facebook that has not helped either. I am so frustrated and thinking about moving platforms to try something else as I can not get answers from anyone. Did anyone have any success in removing the Shopify Business Manager or Commerce account? Please help I would love to know how to do this to be able to optimize both Facebook & Instagram shopping. Thank you. 

jen8219
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello there, so as I told you before I had the exact same run around that you've had with both FB and Shopify. After getting no help from them I decided to open a new personal FB account so I could have a whole new Business Manager, my catalog connected with no problems, but FB sent me an email telling me that my commerce account was not approved, meaning my products were not visible to any customers on their channel, they gave me absolutely no reason why it was not approved, but I suspected it was because my FB account was new  So not wanting to give up on this whole ordeal I sent them a message and was able to chat with  a live person  through messenger!!! I could not believe it, I almost cried!! Anyhow he looked into my account and confirmed that it was not approved because the account was new, but that everything else looked fine and could try in a couple of months to connect the accounts again.  I am attaching the link I used for the chat and hope it helps you in some way,  the link was originally shared by another Shopify user. https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/facebook-commerce-account-not-aproved-error-with...

BellocosaTo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey there!

I was reading through this thread and this is exactly what has happened to me. I was wondering if you could walk me through the steps you took to make this work. I have been struggling with this endlessly and was so happy to see that you are literally the only one who seems to have found a soloution to this problem!

My name is Angela, 

and my email is angela@bellocosa.com

I would be so entirely greatful to you

janinavill
Visitor
1 0 0

Anyone able to solve this? Facing the same issue as well.

Trying to connect the FACEBOOK PAGE to a new BUSINESS MANAGER Account I created for the business, but couldn't connect it to the Business Manager Account because the OWNER of the page is "Shopify Business Manager". 

gallery_yi
Tourist
7 0 2

We're having the same issue--
If anyone has a solution please advise

shayleelin98
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having this exact same issue, was anyone able to solve this? I have spoken with Facebook numerous amounts of times and they keep trying to act as if the shopify business manager is an actual person. Everyone involved has given everyone access to everything to the best of their abilities. Nothing will solve this. I even tried making a new business manager account, did not work. I am having this with both my Facebook and Instagram accounts. Please help, it is driving me crazy