FROM CACHE - en_header

Restrict Purchases to Two, but allow customers to buy ANY variant.

JessicaNoble
3 0 0

Hi there,
Please help, I really need this feature/ability to successfully run my business.
I was wondering whether someone here might know of an app or a feature on Shopify that I could use for my store, please.
My business is quite different in that it is all made to order. Each week I ask my knitters, sewists and woodworkers how much they can make that week and then I stop their orders at that amount.
So, for example Mary might only be able to knit two cardigans. So, I have to make sure I only sell two cardigans BUT there are 4 different sizes customers can choose from if they want to buy a cardigan. How do I limit the inventory to two, but still allow those two to be in any of the four sizes that she can knit the cardigan in?
Would you be able to help me with this?
Thank you,
Jessica
Reply 1 (1)
Marvic
Shopify Partner
187 37 37

Hello @JessicaNoble 

did you get your solution? If not, then the MultiVariants - Bulk order app can provide you with a solution. Though I’m not sure if you want to restrict persons to purchase a product. If yes, then you can skip reading the provided solution otherwise you can continue to go through the solution.

As you want to allow your customer to select two quantities in any of the four sizes then you can do it by applying min-max restrictions on variants. You need to create a product in Shopify for the cardigan and create the size variants under the main product. So, all the variants will display under the main product title and there will be a quantity selector for each type of item. Your customer can choose their own combination of all variants. 

If you’ve any products in your store having more than one variant option like size, color, etc. then you can also set e restriction per option. Suppose, you want to allow your customers to buy 2 quantities of cardigans of the same size like small, medium, large, etc. So, they must choose a minimum of 2 in small size, 2 in medium size, etc. customers can choose these 2 items in any color. They can pick all of them, for example, in red color, or maybe 1 red +1 blue = 2. The restrictions will be applicable to the FIRST option (size) that you create for that particular product. The customers can’t go to the cart page until fulfilling the condition of choosing 2 products of size if you set a minimum restriction per option.

Through this app, you can apply restrictions for minimum-maximum quantities, restrictions per option, predefined bundles, interval quantities, limits on variants, and orders that can be achieved. Also, you can set restrictions on any specific product or group of products in your store. You’ll get 3 days of trial for going through all the available features.

Here is the Sample product where the customer must choose 12 quantities of a color in any size. Here is the Sample store with more available features.Multivariants_Bulk_orderMultivariants_Bulk_order

Marvic | EFOLI
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants