Can my boss authorize access for the Retail Barcode Labels App on Shopify?

gracey1
Visitor
1 0 0

I am trying to download the app but it says "unable to authorize access to the specific shop". Does this mean I need my boss to approve me somehow to be able to get this app?

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

1. Firstly, try installing the app via a cache-free browser, use Chrome Incognito mode.
2. If the above does not work, this could in fact be a staff account permissions issue.
3. You could try sending a message to the Shopify team, they can look into the account. Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/email

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

That's correct! You'll need the store owner/account owner to grant you permission on their end to add apps to the store. The account owner has the ability to limit the access of each staff member added to the store. Once the store owner has granted this permission to you regarding apps, you shouldn't run into this authorization message - again, this is upto the discretion of the store owner!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog