Review Stars for Collections rather than Products?

EZ12
Visitor
3 0 0

I’d like to get your thoughts on an issue with my store regarding product reviews and stars. 

We sell hand-made ukuleles from several manufacturers.  Each uke is unique in appearance by the nature of each's wood type, grain and sound.  So, I create a new listing for each uke with photos and descriptions specific to that uke alone.  Once that uke is sold, I Archive the Product.

Since sold ukes are Archived immediately, a buyer doesn’t have a chance to leave a star review.     Even if they did, a review on that individual product wouldn’t do any good -- even if we were to sell another of the same model -- as that new uke would have a new product listing.

I set up Collections by Brand, Size and Price.  How can I set up star reviews by Collections but not Products?

I appreciate in advance for taking the time to lead me in the right direction for a solution.

Reply 1 (1)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @EZ12 

I have not come across a reviews app that allows you to leave reviews attached to the collection URL and not the product URL. In this case, a custom app would be needed to accomplish this. One of our Shopify experts would be able to develop this for you at a reasonable price. 

Alternatively, you could use an app that allows for whole site reviews instead. Stamped Product Reviews offers this sort of functionality.

What's your goal with product reviews? If you're looking to make your site appear more trustworthy, check out our guide here on ways you can do so.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog