Solved

Royal Mail Click and Drop APP No Longer Supported?

richlewt
Tourist
7 1 2

Hi
I have been building a store for the past year and soon to go live. I had installed the Royal Mail integration app for click and drop from the App Store about a year ago. I tested it and all seemed to work ok. We have now decided not to use click and drop so I thought I would try and uninstall it. I went to my click and drop account and deleted the integration there but it seems it wasnt removed from shopify. Speaking to support today they tried to remove the API from their end but when you create a new product the click and drop option remains ticked under sales channels. Is there a way to totally remove the integration from shopify?
I see it is no longer available on the App Store.

Accepted Solution (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @richlewt,

My understanding is that the Click & Drop channel has never been available directly via the Shopify App Store, but can instead be installed via the Royal Mail's website instead. Their site still lists Shopify as one of the platforms the feature integrates with so I do not believe it has been sunset or removed by Royal Mail and can still be used in future if you decide you want to try it again.

In terms of removing Click & Drop from your store, you can head to Settings > Sales channels and remove it here, if you have not done so already:

04-58-93213-85990

If you have done this but are still seeing the Click & Drop channel when editing your product visibility settings, it's possible that it may just be a caching issue which should resolve itself in time. You can try accessing the store via a private or Incognito window and seeing if the issue is present here; if it's not, then you can clear your browser's cache which should help resolve the issue.

My recommendation would be to contact support again if you do still see the Click & Drop app as a channel option after removing the sales channel and checking in a private browser window. They'll be able to take a closer look at things in the back end of your store and see if the channel is still showing as installed there.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @richlewt,

My understanding is that the Click & Drop channel has never been available directly via the Shopify App Store, but can instead be installed via the Royal Mail's website instead. Their site still lists Shopify as one of the platforms the feature integrates with so I do not believe it has been sunset or removed by Royal Mail and can still be used in future if you decide you want to try it again.

In terms of removing Click & Drop from your store, you can head to Settings > Sales channels and remove it here, if you have not done so already:

04-58-93213-85990

If you have done this but are still seeing the Click & Drop channel when editing your product visibility settings, it's possible that it may just be a caching issue which should resolve itself in time. You can try accessing the store via a private or Incognito window and seeing if the issue is present here; if it's not, then you can clear your browser's cache which should help resolve the issue.

My recommendation would be to contact support again if you do still see the Click & Drop app as a channel option after removing the sales channel and checking in a private browser window. They'll be able to take a closer look at things in the back end of your store and see if the channel is still showing as installed there.

richlewt
Tourist
7 1 2

Hi
That worked by going setting-sales channels and removing it there. An hour with tech support didn't point me there? All sorted now, thanks.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @richlewt,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to remove the sales channel and that this resolved the problem. It's possible that the person you spoke with was not aware that the Click & Drop feature is installed as a sales channel, and not as an app, and therefore didn't know to point you in this direction. Either way, I am glad you got this sorted.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.