FROM CACHE - en_header

Same product in more than 1 shipping profile

Hellstromprints
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi there,

We are an art print store. We have same products available in print only option, framed print or stretched canvas. I would like to be able to ship all options to our US customers and paper print variants only to international customers.
I understand that Shopify Shipping Profiles only allow for each product to be in one profile. Is there an app or any other custom solution to achieve this?

Thanks!

Julia

Replies 3 (3)
Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
163 13 25

Hi Julia,

If you're open to using a third-party solution, Intuitive Shipping can help with this. Our Scenarios system works just like Shopify Profiles, except that you can have the same products in multiple Scenarios depending on your requirements. Additionally, our product shipping settings let you control shipping right at the product level.

With Intuitive Shipping, you can apply different shipping rules to each variant. In your case, you can set up all products to ship within the US, and exclude all except print variants from international zones. You can learn more about how to use product shipping settings here.

If you would like to learn more about Intuitive Shipping and how to use product shipping setings, please feel free to book a demo with one of our team members who can walk you through the process in real time and answer any questions you might have.

Intuitive Shipping is free to install and use in Setup & Testing mode for an unlimited time, so you can try it out and make sure it works for your store before activating and starting a live free trial period.

Please note that to use Intuitive Shipping - or any third-party rate calculation app - Shopify requires that you enable their third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates feature. This feature is $20 USD per month. If you change your Shopify billing to annual, they will add the feature at no additional cost (plus they will reduce your billing plan by 10%). If you're on the Advanced plan or higher, this feature is already included and activated by default.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
Holly
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
561 68 115

Hi @Hellstromprints !

You are correct in saying that a single product/variant can only appear in one shipping profile at a time. With that being said, you could consider creating a seperate product for the paper print option if you wish to accomplish this natively within our platform.

Otherwise, you can consider an application to work around it. I would recommend either Advanced Shipping Rules or Automate Shipping Profiles .

What you are looking for specifically boils down to including a single variant in more than one profile depending on the geolocation/shipping address of the customer. These apps don't list that specific feature on our App Store listing but may be able to accommodate this if you reach out to them directly for assistance. On both the app pages, you will see a contact section to ask your questions.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
163 13 25

@Holly, thank you for the additional info for Julia, and thank you for recommending our Automate Shipping Profiles app!

I just want to clarify that Automate Shipping Profiles is intended for sorting products into the appropriate Shopify Shipping Profiles. So it might work if Julia follows your suggestion of creating a print-only product instead of using variants. ASP app doesn't have its own Profile/Scenario/ shipping rules system external to Shopify, so if it isn't feasible for Julia to convert the variant into a stand-alone product, our main app Intuitive Shipping, which I mentioned in my original reply, is capable of restricting certain variants of a product from shipping to certain zones. Each parent product has its own shipping settings which can define the rules for all variants, or, each variant can be customized.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles