How can I sell a pre-order item separately on my site?

ChronJon
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!

I have an item for sale as a pre-order and I'm trying to prevent it from being purchased with other items - essentially I would like it sold separately. I produce a line of fresh consumables (beer) that I'm not keen on holding to ship until the pre-order is ready to deliver, we don't like to hold product for the sake of quality.

I didn't see a pre-order app with this quality - any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jon

Reply 1 (1)

Jesse-James
Shopify Partner
22 0 9

Hey Jon,

figured id chime in..

This is indeed a problem I've, as a merchant, and for all the merchants I program for have.  The road block is in the limitations of Shopify's cart/checkout system, coupled with the 100s of different themes to do this on the front-end (desired)

Which ultimately lead me into making an App to solve it in a different way..  Basically, the App I made allows you to auto-split the fulfillment on mixed carts (items currently on pre-order vs in-stock) to aid in the management of split/delayed shipping.  (it also can optionally automatically assign a different location for when an item is oos to force the checkout to charge for (2) shippings vs 1)  Its a new app, though, and if this helps [somewhat] solve the dilemma, please let me know, would love to hear your feedback

https://apps.shopify.com/backstock-preorder

Thanks for listening

Jesse

Mercantile Apps - simple apps for enterprise growth
Learn more