Why won't my Facebook ad account connect on Shopify?

robynconnelly
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

Trying to set up FB Marketing.

FB account  -  connected

Business Manager - connected

Domain Verification - completed

Ad account  -  wont connect as it says I need to accept FB's terms & Conditions  but there is no button to accept them.  I've cleared my cache and even tried using my Shopify phone ap without success.

Does anyone know how I can accept the terms and conditions so the ad account will connect please?

I've left a ticket with FB but they dont have real life people answering questions and have not heard back.

Thanks for your help.

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @robynconnelly

I have come across this issue before and thankfully our technical team has discovered a great workaround! They found that this error is caused by a browser setting that prevents cross-site tracking and causes the connection of the Facebook integration to be on a loop. Most updated browsers will have this setting and turning off this feature has corrected the issue for some of our merchants.

To disable this feature on the browser you're using, please follow the below steps:

Google Chrome:

• Open up a new browser window and click on Chrome in the main menu

• Select Preferences

• Click Privacy and Security > Cookies and other site data

• Ensure the option titled Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic is turned off

Moira_0-1637559008165.png

Safari:

• Open up a new browser window and click on Safari in the main menu

• Click Preferences > Privacy

• Ensure the option titled Prevent cross-site tracking is turned off

Moira_1-1637559008181.png

After this setting is disabled on the browser you're using, please refresh your browser and you should then be able to accept the terms and conditions within the Facebook section of your Shopify admin as normal. Please do let me know if this works for you!

Once you have your Facebook channel up and running, I’d highly recommend looking into Facebook Blueprint where you can discover online learning courses, training programs, and certifications that can help you get the most out of Facebook marketing platforms.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog