Solved

Setting up Instagram Shopping - Instagram business account not eligible - NIGHTMARE

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17

Hi everyone, 

as you can see below, Setting up Instagram Shopping has become a nightmare for me. I unsuccessfully tried to contact Facebook and follow the guidelines but without being successful. 

Is there anyone with has experienced the same problem as me? 

I appreciate your help 

problema instagram business link.PNG

Accepted Solution (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gnaro.

Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate that you have been trying to get this problem sorted for some time now, and being unsuccessful in getting help from Facebook may be frustrating. Happy to help out here and hopefully help you get this resolved once and for all. 

When it comes to eligibility for Instagram Shopping, this is something set up by Facebook/Instagram directly, and at Shopify we don't get any insight into their processes or why you may not be eligible. The only information we can see is if you have been approved or rejected for Instagram shopping.

First and foremost, I would recommend you check to ensure your Instagram account has been set up correctly and respects all commerce eligibility requirements as listed here and ensuring you are fully compliant with them. Also, here are some steps below that you can check that may help get Instagram shopping approved:

• Your products have been set to 'available' on the Facebook and Instagram.
  • Make sure you have converted your Instagram account into a business account.
  • Ensure you have the latest update of the Instagram app.
  • Another workaround that has worked for others in the past is to uninstall the Instagram sales channel and reinstalling it again. This allows Instagram to review your store and refresh the sync. To do this you can click on Settings > Sales channels and click the trash icon next to Facebook. 

If you have already ruled out the above steps and feel you are meeting the eligibility requirements, the next best step here would be to request a review directly with Facebook. You can submit an appeal at this link.  They will be able to provide some more insight on the matter for you. 

How are things going with the rest of your website?If you're looking for the next steps to grow your business further, you may be interested in our video courses on Shopify Learn! This is a free resource for you to learn about anything from marketing to store design. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as you'll find many tips and strategies from experts in different fields. As always, should any questions arise, be sure to reach out to us! Hopefully you find these tips helpful, enjoy the rest of your day!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gnaro.

Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate that you have been trying to get this problem sorted for some time now, and being unsuccessful in getting help from Facebook may be frustrating. Happy to help out here and hopefully help you get this resolved once and for all. 

When it comes to eligibility for Instagram Shopping, this is something set up by Facebook/Instagram directly, and at Shopify we don't get any insight into their processes or why you may not be eligible. The only information we can see is if you have been approved or rejected for Instagram shopping.

First and foremost, I would recommend you check to ensure your Instagram account has been set up correctly and respects all commerce eligibility requirements as listed here and ensuring you are fully compliant with them. Also, here are some steps below that you can check that may help get Instagram shopping approved:

• Your products have been set to 'available' on the Facebook and Instagram.
  • Make sure you have converted your Instagram account into a business account.
  • Ensure you have the latest update of the Instagram app.
  • Another workaround that has worked for others in the past is to uninstall the Instagram sales channel and reinstalling it again. This allows Instagram to review your store and refresh the sync. To do this you can click on Settings > Sales channels and click the trash icon next to Facebook. 

If you have already ruled out the above steps and feel you are meeting the eligibility requirements, the next best step here would be to request a review directly with Facebook. You can submit an appeal at this link.  They will be able to provide some more insight on the matter for you. 

How are things going with the rest of your website?If you're looking for the next steps to grow your business further, you may be interested in our video courses on Shopify Learn! This is a free resource for you to learn about anything from marketing to store design. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as you'll find many tips and strategies from experts in different fields. As always, should any questions arise, be sure to reach out to us! Hopefully you find these tips helpful, enjoy the rest of your day!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17

Hi Maz

thanks for reply me back.

I will follow your guidelines.

thanks

abdallahsabbagh
Visitor
1 0 0

Any good news would like to share with us mybe?

many thanks