Solved

What is the best affordable Shopify app for international shipping calculations?

Rickytb7
Tourist
8 3 2

Hi All,
I’m a newbie to Shopify and in the process of building my store. My primary target audiences are Canada and the USA.
I’m sure the experienced sellers have found shipping to these countries from the UK can be expensive.
My questions are:
How do you deal with international shipping rates?
What apps would do use/recommend and does it work with Royal Mail?
Will the app do all the usual i.e. calculate rates in real-time, give the customer shipping options and prices at checkout, print out shipping labels, customs labels, packing slips, track parcels, notify customers, comb your hair, cook your meals and all the wonderful things apps do these days?
Will I need more than one app? (please God No!!)
Finally. Is the app affordable? £20 per month is my max!
I'm just startin' out here. At the £30 and £40 per month mark, I might as well deliver it myself!
I chose to build my first store in order to understand how things work. It's a lot to take in, which is OK, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with all these apps 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (2)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,

with all of these inquiries, I suggest trying this app: Easyship - an all-in-one shipping solution, you can have access to many international couriers. And most importantly, your customers can choose shipping method from their preferred couriers at check out. They can track their orders as well.

It's free to install, free plan for 100 shipments/month. But additional charges may apply for which shipping solution you choose.

Hope you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi Ricky,

With all the queries you have mentioned,

Will the app do all the usual i.e. calculate rates in real-time, give the customer shipping options and prices at checkout, print out shipping labels, customs labels, packing slips, track parcels, notify customers;

You can check out our Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that helps you integrate most international courier services. Yes, the app helps you show real-time rates to your customers, print shipping labels, custom labels, packing slips and also handle the complete tracking process by sending tracking notifications to your customers. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi there,

with all of these inquiries, I suggest trying this app: Easyship - an all-in-one shipping solution, you can have access to many international couriers. And most importantly, your customers can choose shipping method from their preferred couriers at check out. They can track their orders as well.

It's free to install, free plan for 100 shipments/month. But additional charges may apply for which shipping solution you choose.

Hope you find this helpful.

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi Ricky,

With all the queries you have mentioned,

Will the app do all the usual i.e. calculate rates in real-time, give the customer shipping options and prices at checkout, print out shipping labels, customs labels, packing slips, track parcels, notify customers;

You can check out our Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that helps you integrate most international courier services. Yes, the app helps you show real-time rates to your customers, print shipping labels, custom labels, packing slips and also handle the complete tracking process by sending tracking notifications to your customers. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

atroya
Tourist
35 0 1

Good day @Rickytb7 

Shipping internationally definitely doesn't come cheap. I can't answer all your questions, however I'll try my best with what I know, but first there're some questions that need answering. 

How often will you be shipping internationally?
Do you have a variety of products with unique weight, or are you typically shipping the same product?

You could contact a UPS/FedEx/DHL rep that may help guide you as well as get you a business account eligible for better rates (quantity/frequency are big factors). Lastly, look into where the bulk of your international shipments are going; you may find a local partner that can fulfill locally for you. You can also check out this article below as far as what customers would also want from their shipping experience on https://fenixcommerce.com/what-do-customers-actually-want-from-their-delivery-experience/

Good luck!

- We try to

Lots
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ricky, 

What did you choose in the end? I am using Easyship and having a nightmare before I've even got started! I'm looking for a reliable alternative with good communication lines and that can cope with having one box per item. Any ideas? 

Lots

Rickytb7
Tourist
8 3 2

Hi  Lot's.

Short of developing my own app. I'm piecing together my own solution. A bit labour intensive but it will get me what I want