SHOP APP

Chan5
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi All 

We had a customer place an order with us for a product on our site and they were able to change the quantities of the item they purchased through SHOP app. We tested this theory and it seems as though that can happen across all of our products. Although we have tiered pricing for our items (run by the app Quantity Break & Tiered Price), the minimum in this case per carton was 100 units but the customer managed to put through an order for 50 units. We tested this and it seems that they can order per unit which is not what we want as we have set carton quantities.

Some time ago I emailed Quantity Break & Tiered Price and they said that the Shop app and their app can not work together - I understand that. Is there a way of perhaps redirecting the customer to purchase on our site only and not the SHOP app? This will hopefully fix the issue. 

This has only ever happened once before, but wondering what we can do so it doesn’t happen again. If you can shed some light on what we need to do that would be great.
If you need any further information please let me know.
Thank you 

Replies 4 (4)
Tony-BEMEApps
Shopify Partner
10 1 6

Hi @Chan5 

There are a few things you can do to prevent this issue from happening again in the future.

1. Remove the SHOP app as a purchase option
    To prevent customers from making purchases through the SHOP app, you can remove it as a purchase option. This will ensure that customers can only purchase products through your website, which will allow you to better control the purchasing process and ensure that the tiered pricing strategy is applied correctly.
  2. Add a notice to your SHOP app product pages
    Another way to redirect customers to your website is to add a notice to your SHOP app product pages. This notice should explain that customers will get the best pricing and experience by purchasing through your website, and provide a link to your website where they can make the purchase.
  3. Contact Shopify support
    You can also reach out to Shopify support for assistance with this issue. They may be able to provide additional guidance and help you troubleshoot the issue with the SHOP app and the Quantity Break & Tiered Price app.
  4. Explore alternative apps
    Lastly, if the issue with the SHOP app and the Quantity Break & Tiered Price app cannot be resolved, you can explore alternative apps that will work seamlessly with your tiered pricing strategy. There are many great apps available on the Shopify App Store that can help you manage your pricing strategy and prevent issues like this from occurring in the future.

Hope this help

Tony

BeMEApps
Chan5
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Tony 
Thanks for your help, much appreciated. We had to turn off all products available on SHOP as it was a real headache. We will look at alternative apps when we upgrade our theme perhaps. 
Much apprecaited. 

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
339 17 45

Hello @Chan5,

It is hard to give an exact answer in your case, but my team has faced different apps compatibility issues on client's projects. The first thing here is always a need to debug code and see if there is an option on our end to fix this. In your case - if we can create strict rules (product quantities and prices) that are set within Quantity Break & Tiered Price app to be transferred to SHOP app. Well, something like that.

Best regards,
Anastasia 

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com
Chan5
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Stacy 
I appreciate your input, much appreciated. We had to turn off all products available on SHOP as it was causing so many issues for the user experience and us! We will look at alternative apps when we upgrade our theme perhaps. 
Have a great day and thanks again!