Why is my Shopify app login not working on Android?

tink2
Visitor
2 0 0

After downloading the shopify app on my android phone I tried to login however when I click the login button the screen flickers and then does nothing, I am unable to get to the screen to enter my details. 

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

Hi, @tink2!

The first thing you can check for is to see whether or not your Android device is running the latest version of the Android operating system. Up-to-date softwares help users avoid localised problems that are caused by out-of-date softwares. You should also make sure that the Shopify app that you've installed is the most updated version too.

Once you've checked that both your device and app are running the latest versions, you can also try to clear the Shopify Mobile app's cache by following the instructions here:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info
  2. Choose the Shopify Mobile app
  3. Click Storage
  4. Select both "Clear Cache" & "Clear Data"

From there, you can attempt to login to your Shopify Mobile app again to see if you're able to successfully login. If you're still experiencing issues when clicking the login button of the app, you might also need to clear your Android phone browser's cache. You can find the Chrome mobile browser cache clearing steps here.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tink2
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your response.

I have checked that my phone is running the latest software and cleared the cache as advised and the login issue is still happening.

Many thanks 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

@tink2

If the issue still persists after following the steps in my earlier reply, we'll need to take a look at your account from our end to help troubleshoot this further. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you in this matter. You can visit our Help Centre here, then type in your question or the topic you need help with. After that, you should see the Get Support heading at the very bottom of the page, and you can click Continue to start a support request.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog