Shopify app not working with iPhone 13

Solved
Frnchbuldg
2 0 0

I just got the iPhone 13 and the Shopify app will not allow me to select photos from my phone. It just “grays” out.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling - same situation. 

3A954033-A662-49C6-A717-24FD9245B273.png

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2955 383 595

@Frnchbuldg 

That is a strange bug. If removing and installing the app didn't work, and your device is running on the latest iOS then I would recommend creating a support ticket so this can be escalated to our Technical Support for further review. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

One other thing you could check is if you've accidentally revoked access for the app to access your photos (i do this all the time with my phone). You can check this by opening your settings, scrolling down and tapping on the app, then click "photos" - You'll want to ensure it says "all photos." 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
patriciaalvarez
1 0 1

I have the exact problem since last Sunday I bought new IPhone 13 exactly the same .

ItsTheBomb
2 0 0

I’m having the exact same problem! It is driving me nuts! Also trying to print invoices is a nightmare! Let me know if you find a solution 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2955 383 595

@ItsTheBomb @patriciaalvarez 

Please contact Shopify Support to report the bug you're experiencing. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
NatalieE
2 0 1

Add an item to the inventory, then try adding a photo! 
I was just dealing with the same frustration & tried that on a whim. After adding 1 to the inventory, it let me open the photos.

NatalieE
2 0 1

Never mind. It was a fluke. It went back to not working.

0 Likes
ItsTheBomb
2 0 0

Just worked thank you! Are you having issues when trying to select and print packing slips? As it does the same thing 

0 Likes
Frnchbuldg
2 0 0
I don’t print from my phone, so I am not sure.

I’ve tried reloading the app, and still cannot select photos.
0 Likes
Tibbtine
1 0 0

I’m having the same issue. I made a shopify support ticket, and i was told that it was an Apple issue, not a Shopify issue. But clearly it’s a glitch! Please help!! 

0 Likes