Solved

Shopify app not working with iPhone 13

Frnchbuldg
Visitor
2 0 0

I just got the iPhone 13 and the Shopify app will not allow me to select photos from my phone. It just “grays” out.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling - same situation. 

3A954033-A662-49C6-A717-24FD9245B273.png

Accepted Solution (1)

POTH
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Same issue here, but I’ve been in touch with Shopify and Apple all day, and just got an email update that the bug has been found, and the fix should be rolled out this week. 

23B26913-57B4-4B82-8481-6CED922BD382.jpeg

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Frnchbuldg 

That is a strange bug. If removing and installing the app didn't work, and your device is running on the latest iOS then I would recommend creating a support ticket so this can be escalated to our Technical Support for further review. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

One other thing you could check is if you've accidentally revoked access for the app to access your photos (i do this all the time with my phone). You can check this by opening your settings, scrolling down and tapping on the app, then click "photos" - You'll want to ensure it says "all photos." 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

patriciaalvarez
Visitor
1 0 1

I have the exact problem since last Sunday I bought new IPhone 13 😢 exactly the same .

ItsTheBomb
Visitor
2 0 0

I’m having the exact same problem! It is driving me nuts! Also trying to print invoices is a nightmare! Let me know if you find a solution 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@ItsTheBomb @patriciaalvarez 

Please contact Shopify Support to report the bug you're experiencing. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NatalieE
Tourist
4 0 4

Add an item to the inventory, then try adding a photo! 
I was just dealing with the same frustration & tried that on a whim. After adding 1 to the inventory, it let me open the photos.

ItsTheBomb
Visitor
2 0 0

Just worked thank you! Are you having issues when trying to select and print packing slips? As it does the same thing 

Frnchbuldg
Visitor
2 0 0
I don’t print from my phone, so I am not sure.

I’ve tried reloading the app, and still cannot select photos.
Tibbtine
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m having the same issue. I made a shopify support ticket, and i was told that it was an Apple issue, not a Shopify issue. But clearly it’s a glitch! Please help!! 

Swindle-my-soul
Visitor
1 0 0

The same thing is happening to me- unable to upload photos in the app since getting my iPhone 13! It just greys out when you hit the plus sign. If you hear how to fix please lmk!

POTH
Tourist
3 1 1

Mine either unfortunately. Some features are working but new products and photo uploads is all jacked up…. I’ve been on the line with Shopify and Apple all day. They’re supposed to get back to me by emails. Hopefully they get this fixed!

POTH
Tourist
3 1 1

Same exact issue for me, since I booted up my iPhone 13…

NatalieE
Tourist
4 0 4

Never mind. It was a fluke. It went back to not working. 😩

POTH
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Same issue here, but I’ve been in touch with Shopify and Apple all day, and just got an email update that the bug has been found, and the fix should be rolled out this week. 

23B26913-57B4-4B82-8481-6CED922BD382.jpeg

DivellaD
Tourist
11 0 9

Also wondering about the “ cha-ching” notification sound on sales. Not getting it on my 13, but always got it on my 8

stevenwalden
Visitor
1 0 0

My app was up to date and still not pairing. So I used a paperclip to reset the reader (the pinhole to the right of the USB connector) and voila! My phone immediately recognized the reader!