Shopify App Scraping Content - Negotio.io

gchaney
Excursionist
43 2 4

So today I find out that a shopify app Negotio - an app from the shopify store - has been scraping my content and using it on their own domain. I was using that app so prospective buyers could negotiate a best offer on my product page. I happened to find out using a google image search and where my image and domain should of shown up, low and behold there is my product image with a link to the negotio.io website - and not one of my images with a link to my website..... I click on the link and there is my image, content and links to more of my product images and content.

I simply have no idea how a developer thinks they are helping someone by stealing that websites content and traffic. It makes me wonder how much business I have lost because Google thinks they own the content I have been creating.  I wonder if my entire website has not been basically hijacked by this app developer... Naturally, I have no idea what to do. I reached out to shopify and of course they said they'll pass on my information to the app developer......sigh......

https://negotio.io/product/40982646/named-sitter-august-tuttrup-handsome-man-rundle-denver-co-antiqu...

negotio1.jpgnegotio2.jpg

Replies 2 (2)

gchaney
Excursionist
43 2 4

Well, I got a response from the app developer...

negotioresponse.jpg

thehonrosie
Tourist
3 0 0

That's very frustrating - There are other negotiation apps you could try - have you looked at Nibble?