Shopify Apps Getting Facebook and Google Accounts Disabled

GJayS
Tourist
4 0 1

Last week I setup the facebook shopping channel on Shopify. Everything went smoothly, I went through all the steps almost without issue. My products were approved for facebook shopping. Today I went to create an ad campaign, clicked the first button to set it up and landed on a Facebook page saying there was suspicious activity on my account, and not only had there been an issue with the business page they deactivated my personal facebook account. After uploading a driver's license and selfie, I've gotten no reply from Facebook.

6 months ago, when I initially started this, I went through the setup with the Google app, also written by shopify, and experienced a number of issues with that as well. Google kept saying there were issues with the products that were being synced to my page and ended up not only blocking the products I was trying to list on Google Shopping but suspending my google ads account for policy violations, despite the fact that I had never run a google ad and had only made the account as part of the shopify setup.

This seems to be an issue other people have had as well, with both apps according to the reviews. What's going on here?

Replies 0 (0)