Solved

Shopify Chat causes an issue in page title by showing (1)

Nandkishor
5 0 0

Hi there,

We have noticed (1) showing in title of the page in Google search results as shown below.

Please see attached screenshot.

chekani-google-search-results.JPG

@TyW do you have any suggestion on how to remove this from the title?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)
Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for your patience! I checked in with my technical team and they advised that you reach out to our support directly so that they can provide more account-specific information. You've got plenty of fantastic context there to help us dig into the issue.  

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

Hi @Nandkishor,

I'll step in for @TyW right now.
Could you explain why you think Shopify Chat has created the numbers in your metadata, please? This is not expected behavior for Shopify Chat.

Are you using any other third-party apps? Have you made any edits to your code?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Nandkishor
5 0 0

@Andrew thank you for your response.

We did not use any third party chat or there is no edit in the code. We used Shopify's  'Online store chat' option.

Please check below screenshot highlighted one as the page title is showing (1) where chat option has shown (1).

Screenshot 2022-01-03 193040.png

Nandkishor
5 0 0

Hi @Andrew I have shared some details in my last reply. Is there any solution?

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for your patience! I checked in with my technical team and they advised that you reach out to our support directly so that they can provide more account-specific information. You've got plenty of fantastic context there to help us dig into the issue.  

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

I am marking this thread as resolved as reaching out to our support via our contact page is the next best step. 

Thank you!

Nandkishor
5 0 0

@Andrew 

We still facing this issue even after contacting support and finally we have turned off the Chat.

RIOLAD
Tourist
7 1 1

Hello I know i'm not the only one to have this issue and and don't know how to fix this. The shopify assistance ask me to recrawl my entire website but this do not work and it's normal because the problem does not come from google crawlers but from the shopify chat app. 

Anyway, anyone have a solution ? If I turn off shopify chat does that work ?

I suggest that all the people having this problem create a topic so they can see that we are many with that and take this seriously.

EmergeVision
Tourist
9 0 1

Screenshot (13).jpg

Hi there,

Can someone help me how I can remove (1) from name on google search?

Thanks

ecom-heroes
Shopify Partner
5 1 1

Hello @Nandkishor 

This issue is now resolved by Google automatically as stated in their SEO community forum. If your website still having this issue then it would be resolved in a couple of days. You can check what google personal said about the issue here.

EcomHeroes | Get Shopify Help for Small Tasks & Tweaks
If the reply is helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Need custom design and development solution Hire us.
For any queries feel free to contact us at info@ecomheroes.dev
Shopify Partner | Skype: vipin10agarwal1 | Website: EcomHeroes
Custom Shopify Store Setup | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Design | Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Nandkishor
5 0 0

Hi @ecom-heroes 

It is not resolved automatically, we have to turned off the Shopify chat first, and then re-crawl some pages by sending them for re-indexing into google search console. What if we turned on Shopify Chat? it will be again started again showing (1) in title.