Solved

Shopify email campaign question

Neil57
5 0 0

Is there a way to make changes to an email that is already in a Shopify email campaign?  I found a typo and cannot access the email (inside the campaign) to fix it.  I can go to my templates, make duplicate, fix the problem and import it, but to get it into the campaign, I have to send it, and I don't want to send my customers an "almost" duplicate email.

Accepted Solution (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

@Neil57 

Ah I see. To confirm, did you create the welcome email via the marketing automations section on your Shopify admin?

If this is the case, you should still be able to edit the welcome email's content, even if its status is Active, by following the instructions below:

1. Go to the Marketing section of the Shopify admin, and then click
    Automations
  2. Find the automation you wish to edit, click on the automation. Then, select
    Edit workflow
  3. On the workflow page, click on the Send marketing email workflow box. This should open a pop-up with a green View email button, which you will need to select
  4. You'll then be taken to the email editor. Click on the Edit button on the top right hand corner, then click Continue
  5. Edit your email content, and click Save once you've finished making your desired changes

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Neil57.

If your campaign still has a Draft status, you should be able to edit its contents. To do so, you can go to Marketing > Campaigns, then click on the email campaign you'd like to edit. From there, you can click 'Edit activity' as seen on the image below.

As you're currently preparing to send out your email campaigns, I thought I'd leave you some resources to further help. You can check them out below:

Neil57
5 0 0

Kimi,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am no longer in Draft mode.  My campaign has already sent the emails.  This wouldn't be an issue if it was a one-time email that I will not send again, but this is my welcome email to new subscribers.  Since I have already sent emails, the campaign is active and If it works as I planned, any new subscribers will receive an email automatically.  But I still cannot access my email text to correct my error.

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

@Neil57 

Ah I see. To confirm, did you create the welcome email via the marketing automations section on your Shopify admin?

If this is the case, you should still be able to edit the welcome email's content, even if its status is Active, by following the instructions below:

1. Go to the Marketing section of the Shopify admin, and then click
    Automations
  2. Find the automation you wish to edit, click on the automation. Then, select
    Edit workflow
  3. On the workflow page, click on the Send marketing email workflow box. This should open a pop-up with a green View email button, which you will need to select
  4. You'll then be taken to the email editor. Click on the Edit button on the top right hand corner, then click Continue
  5. Edit your email content, and click Save once you've finished making your desired changes

Neil57
5 0 0

Kimi,  I didn't create the email using Automations.  I looked at realize that is where it should have been created.  I'll start over and since the email will be sent only when someone new registers, my existing email registrations will not receive it again.  Thanks for your assistance.

Neil

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Not a problem, @Neil57. Glad to help you out!

I'll also leave this resource from our blog here with you, which will help you write an engaging welcome email to your new subscribers. All the best!

donnamac
Trailblazer
243 5 194

Kimi,  

We installed Shopify email recently and want to use it for our Newsletter signup.  If I create a campaign in Marketing for this, does Shopify email actually update the customer records to 'subscribed' when they would enter their email in the signup box?

I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to get an app to actually do this or not.  

Thanks in advance

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi @donnamac.

To confirm, if customers subscribe to your store's mailing list from a signup box on your website then they will automatically appear on your Shopify admin's Customer list as 'Subscribed'.

Can you also clarify what you mean by wanting to use Shopify Email for your newsletter signup?

The reason why I ask is because for legal and privacy reasons, promotional emails should only be sent out to customers who have subscribed and agreed to receive marketing emails from your store. For this reason, you won't be able to send out emails asking visitors to subscribe to your mailing list, but you can collect customer email addresses using the following methods:

1. By adding a newsletter signup section on your online store.
  2. By including a checkbox on checkout that customers can tick to opt-in to your marketing list.
  3. By running a contest or sweepstake where email registration is required prior to participation. An app such as ViralSweep can help you set this up on your store.

You can read more about managing your email subscriber on our help guide here.

Is there anything specific that you're looking to do for your newsletter sign ups or marketing campaigns?

In the meantime, I'll leave you with our blog here with some tips and tricks on how you can create a newsletter than can grow your business.

donnamac
Trailblazer
243 5 194

To answer your question

'Can you also clarify what you mean by wanting to use Shopify Email for your newsletter signup?'

... we do have a newsletter signup section on our website.  We used to use MailChimp to send mktg. 

emails and now use Shopify email.

Sorry if I was not clear on that.                              d

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@donnamac 

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification. So if you already have a newsletter signup section on your website, then visitors who input their email addresses onto the signup box will show up on your Customers list within your Shopify admin.

If you have the double opt-in feature enabled on your store though, then visitors will need to re-confirm their subscription via a link sent to their email.

How are you finding working with Shopify Email so far?