Shopify Facebook disconnect

Lieselotte_
1 0 0

When I try to delete a product on my Facebook business account, I get the notification that it's only possible to delete products on Shopify, in order to remove them from my Facebook catalogue. 

So I deleted a product on Shopify, so the product is completely gone on here, but it's still visible in my Facebook catalogue, and I'm still not able to delete them there. 

Does anyone know how to delete products in the Facebook catalogue? 

Replies 2 (2)
AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3077 702 571

Hi @Lieselotte_ 

You can temporarily hide products from the Facebook sales channel by managing product availability. This can be done on each individual product page under Products > All products in the admin, but you can also easily access product availability for multiple products at once from the Facebook sales channel under Publishing > Manage sales channels availability.

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as resolve! Let me know if you have any question 🙂

AVADA - Top Rated App for Email, SMS, Popups

Check our website for full features and start a FREE TRIAL.
Install another app to boost sales, 100% FREE

Maz
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
310 56 50

Hey @Lieselotte_ !

Your question is a great one. As mentioned by @AvadaCommerce, you can temporarily manage your Facebook products by following the help center guide they have linked.

That being said, this is expected behavior from Facebook. The Facebook Channel doesn't outright delete products from the catalog. When a product is deleted from Shopify, or is made unavailable on Facebook (deselecting “Facebook” on the sales channel availability list on the Shopify product page), it's expected that products remain in the catalog. These products show as `status: hidden` or 'status: staging' instead of `active'. Once a product is set as hidden/staging on Facebook, the product should not be visible to the customer.

To confirm a product's status on Facebook Catalog manager:

• Access catalog manager and the same catalog that's connected to Shopify's Facebook channel.
  • Click into the product- confirm Facebook's `item group ID` is the product ID in Shopify (these are the same).
  • Click into “view more fields” and scroll down to see the status - status should be hidden or staging if the product is deleted or unavailable, and active otherwise. Here's a screenshot below showing the above process:

19-33-9880-59414

If the product is status:hidden or status:staging, Shopify cannot support this further, as Shopify is updating the catalog correctly. 

I'd also be interested to hear more about your business, what you are selling, and what your sales goals are for this year? Also, how do you plan to achieve your sales goals? If there are any resources I can share with you to help, I would be more than happy to assist!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog