Shopify Geolocation - October 24th Switch

Apricoat-mkt
2 0 0

Hi,

We got a communication from Shopify asking to opt-in for allowing their Geolocation app (https://apps.shopify.com/geolocation) to be added automatically by October 24th, 2021 in substitution for another one we currently use. The benefit I see is the currency converter working well with Shopify Payments, which is great for UX to be able to pay in their own currency.

But the usability of this app is very poor, and so are the ratings, is anyone experiencing the same issues?

Also, for the Shopify support team, will you update this app and improve it for the final user somehow?

Thank you,

Paula

Replies 2 (2)
Hilary
Community Manager
Community Manager
548 78 112

Hi, @Apricoat-mkt

Great question! Thanks for reaching out about this. As you've highlighted, the main advantage of switching to our Geolocation app instead of a third-party alternative is to allow your customers to checkout in multiple currencies when using Shopify Payments. This will allow international visitors to check out using their own currency, which is great for their customer experience. 

That being said, I understand that our app may not have features you are currently using with a third-party app. At this time, I don't have information on what updates may be coming for our Geolocation app. However, we are constantly working to improve the experience for merchants and buyers, and appreciate any feedback you wish to provide. If you'd like to reply here and pass on some features, or specific aspects of our Geolocation app that are missing for you, I'd be glad to pass this on to our developers on your behalf. While I can't guarantee any changes, the more feedback we receive the better. 

Hopefully other Community users will comment letting us know their experience and feedback from using the Geolocation app as well. As stated in the email, you can opt out of this update should you wish by following the "opt out here" link. Thanks!

Hilary | Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Apricoat-mkt
2 0 0

Hi Hillary, thanks for your answer!

You guys should really consider making modifications on this app, specially if you're going to be suggesting people opt-in for it when it has a user rating of 2.4/5 stars.

Just read the latest reviews from store owners, I would say it's worth putting your dev efforts to it.

Anyone else willing to share thoughts on this topic? 🙂

Best,

Paula