Shopify Inbox Not replying to Messenger

p_w
2 0 0

Hi all

I connected my Shopify to Facebook/Messenger and connected messenger to my site, installed the plugin in theme.liquid, the messenger appears on the site and customers can successfully send Messenger message that get through to m Shopify Inbox however when I reply from my Shopify Inbox messages don't get through back to customers , I get a message saying "Facebook messenger failed to deliver your message. So I tried to reply to the same messenger messages from Facebook business suite and they came through fine which makes me thing there is some outbound issue with Shopify Inbox. Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul   

Reply 1 (1)
Mac
Shopify Staff
202 17 28

Hi, @p_w

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

You mentioned that you are running into issues when replying to messages through your Shopify Inbox. This can be caused for several reasons that would require some troubleshooting. Firstly, head over to the Facebook Sales channel and make sure it is setup correctly by following this guide. This will ensure that there aren't any issues with your account that could lead to the error. Then, head into the Messenger Settings section and Disconnect & Reconnect the Facebook messenger integration:

26-07-1970-49006

If the issue still persists after completing the steps, feel free to share more information by replying to this thread, or we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog