Shopify Inbox

Beauice88
1 0 0

I am having trouble with my Shopify inbox loading, it continues to say the site is currently can't be reached and unexpectedly closed the connection. It is not a problem with my connection, can anyone help with troubleshooting this problem? I am using a macbook air.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1278 165 213

Hey, @Beauice88. Welcome to the Community!

I came across your question, and wanted to check in to see if you’re still receiving an error message when using Shopify Inbox today? Our developers are aware that some merchants have been receiving an error message saying “An error occurred. Try again” when using Shopify Inbox on the Mobile app , so I’m thinking this may be related to what’s happening with you. 

The good news is, our developers are working on a fix for it. In the meantime, they've advised that since the error messages tend to mostly be occurring when using the Mobile app, you should be able to use Shopify Inbox on a Desktop instead. However, if you do experience an error there as well, please try uninstalling it, then reinstalling Shopify Inbox to your admin, which should resolve any display errors on Desktop.

Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
WallaceW
1 0 0

Hi, 

I got the same problem when I tried to setup a new store. I did remove it and reinstall. But it still said "An error occurred. Try again."

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1278 165 213

Thanks for reaching out about this, @WallaceW. Sorry to hear an uninstall and reinstall of Shopify Inbox didn’t eliminate the error on your account. Rest assured, our developers are still looking into it, so we appreciate your patience as they work towards a resolution.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

0 Likes
Pawel123
1 0 0

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Did you manage to fix this?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1278 165 213

Hey, @Pawel123. Welcome to the Community! 

Yes, this has been resolved, so I’m sorry to hear you’re still experiencing an issue with it. Sometimes when changes to the platform are pushed through, the existing issue can remain within your browser if there has been a lot of activity. Therefore please start troubleshooting this by clearing your browser cache to see if it helps. Let me know if it works!

0 Likes
DrippinKute
1 0 0

Hi I'm trying to message my customers back on shopify inbox and its not letteing me it giving me a message that says message was not delivered.  Click here to try again .I tried clicking the link to retry same message appears i tried reinstalling same message please help!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1278 165 213

Hey, @DrippinKute. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with replying to messages.

I took a look into this for you, and found out that the web-to-sms message service is currently doing scheduled maintenance on the sms carriers across some regions, until 15:00 PDT today. This can result in intermittent delays/issue sending messages, so it could be why you are receiving the ‘Message was not delivered. Click here to try again’ error. You’ll need to wait for the maintenance to be  completed in order to send your messages. 

However, in the meantime, another reason why that error message can appear is due to a disconnect with the internet on the device you are trying to send the message from. Points of failure may be:

1. The internet is down for your device
  2. A local firewall is blocking the messages

In either of the internet affected situations, connecting to another WiFi network or to your mobile network may help you to send your message. Please try this to see if it works.

Please keep me posted on the status of this, and especially if you continue to have issues so that we can troubleshoot further.

0 Likes
TertiusG
1 0 0

Hi

We are having issues, especially after a weekend to access the Shopify Inbox.
This resolves itself later and we can access the inbox without any issues for the rest of the week.

It gives us an Error 400 even though the Shopify.com site works with no issues.

We have tried using Hotspots and Internet connections with No Firewall. We can Ping the site successfully.
Cleared the DNS and Cache with no success.

Thank You

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1278 165 213

Hey, @TertiusG! Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you’re also having trouble with this, but thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps. Are you experiencing the error when accessing Shopify Inbox on both desktop, and through the Mobile app? Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling it yet, as suggested in my reply earlier within this thread on 08-03-2021?

0 Likes