Solved

Shopify Local Delivery API Integration Needed ASAP

Rosstheboss
Shopify Partner
27 1 20

Hi Shopify,

Can you please allow other apps to integrate into your local delivery app or API in general? There are too many limitations with your pickup and delivery platform and it cannot integrate with last mile or on-demand delivery services. As an SMB, I cannot operate a fleet for same day delivery and future deliveries, but there are services that let SMBs operate like larger corporations. If you let other apps integrate with your Local Delivery API then stores would be able to utilize all available delivery options while also utilizing our own delivery services. For example, I run my own delivery service but also utilize DoorDash Drive as a white label same-day delivery service. I cannot do this and use the Shopify Local Deliveries to integrate into my POS or the Local Deliveries App. Or as another example, in one market I operate my own delivery service and in another market Roadie operates my delivery service. Again, this can't be done via Shopify but could be if Shopify opened it's API for local delivery.

Thanks,

Ross

Accepted Solution (1)

Rosstheboss
Shopify Partner
27 1 20

This is an accepted solution.

There is finally a solution with a great team - Nash. Go download Nash app in the app store. It also can be integrated into aggregators like Otter. 

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

andiab
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi @Rosstheboss

This is Andia from Chetu. We are a Shopify partner and can help you with your project. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at andiab@chetu.com.

Best,

Andia Bici

Partner Relationship Manager

Office: 954.342.5676 x 1260

Mobile: 630.220.7734

https://www.chetu.com

andiab_0-1622649343730.png

jonathan559
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey Rosstheboss!

Jonathan with the Zapiet team, we have an API integration through app Store Pickup and Delivery that has integrations with DoorDash, Roadie and a few other last mile couriers. You can learn more information here https://www.zapiet.com/partners/last-mile-delivery - if you'd like to set up a meeting, I can definitely answer some questions, feel free to reach out to me at jonathan@zapiet.com

Rosstheboss
Shopify Partner
27 1 20

Hi Jonathan,

I already use Zapiet, but as far as I know, I cannot use Roadie to deliver in one location and the Shopify delivery API to deliver in another location with my own fleet...if this is possible then I would love to set it up, but this is my issue. Shopify needs to let merchants use on-demand apps while also operating their own services.

IntrizenEcom
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever find a resolution this problem? I have the same requirements. @Rosstheboss

pambot
Shopify Staff
4 0 0

Hi @Rosstheboss! I'm an employee at Shopify working on ways to make local delivery better for merchants. Would you be interested in doing a user interview with us? It would probably take about an hour, and we offer store credit in compensation. I see your email in your profile, do you mind me (or one of my colleagues) emailing you to set something up?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Iman_Yarjani
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi there, I’m in a similar situation as Ross and would be open to speaking to shopify about my Shopify store needs for local delivery options.

pambot
Shopify Staff
4 0 0

Thanks! We'll email you shortly.

hllsvs
Visitor
1 0 0

Same here. I need Doordash or UberEats integrated so we can dispatch their drivers for our local delivery orders

pambot
Shopify Staff
4 0 0

Would you be interested in a user interview about local delivery? If so, I can email you at your profile email and send you a Calendly link to book.

Rosstheboss
Shopify Partner
27 1 20

Hi everyone!

I would also be interested in an interview. However, I spoke to someone at Shopify Plus and they confirmed to me that this is not on the Shopify development timeline. This is a huge mistake! All food POS systems integrate with DoorDash, Postmates, UberEats, etc and Shopify needs to offer this, especially since these services have started to deliver non-perishable goods now. Everyone else is able to offer quick 3rd party delivery and Shopify needs to make this happen.

Rosstheboss
Shopify Partner
27 1 20

Hi Pambot,

I haven't received any interview requests. Is there a reason why Shopify can't add the same features for 3rd party delivery that every other food/restaurant platform has? It makes it impossible to run any food businesses on Shopify since customers want to shop on DoorDash and UberEats.

rohansinghh
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Rosstheboss

This is Rohan from Semidot Infotech. We are a Shopify partner and can help with your project, please feel free to reach out to me directly at sales@semidotinfotech.com.

Rohan Singh

CEO

https://semidotinfotech.com/

rohansinghh_0-1673256666386.png

CEO of Top rated multi award winning software development company

IlitSerphos
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

Hi, 

I recommend you check out our solution, Its an app that gives you control of shipping areas so you can ship locally:

MapIt on Shopify app store 

If It answers your needs, we would love a good review. If it didn't please let us know throughout customer support for improvement 🙂

Rosstheboss
Shopify Partner
27 1 20

This is an accepted solution.

There is finally a solution with a great team - Nash. Go download Nash app in the app store. It also can be integrated into aggregators like Otter. 

IlitSerphos
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

Hi, 

If you wish to find another solution, our app- MAPIT, perfectly fits the requirements you are seeking. This application empowers you to effortlessly personalize shipping zones, conditions, and costs by drawing the area required on a map! and you have a 7 days trial so you can check it out 🙂

ideaushertech
Visitor
1 0 0

Remember to refer to the official Shopify API documentation for the most accurate and detailed information. If you encounter specific issues or have questions about the API, you may want to reach out to Shopify's support or developer community for assistance.

Idea Usher
https://ideausher.com/blog/smart-tv-app-development-3/