Solved

Shopify pos app is asking me for a pin

Castillomellis
Visitor
1 0 4

I have the Shopify lite subscription and the pos app is asking me for a pin. When I go to my settings to try and find the pin it’s asking me to upgrade to the higher subscription of $89 a month. I should have access to use pos app with the subscription I already have 

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, everyone! 

We’re following up on this thread as it mentions the Shopify Lite plan. 

We’d like to announce that as of June 22nd, 2022, we have launched the Shopify Starter Plan! The Starter Plan will be $5 per month and will be replacing the Shopify Lite plan ($9/month). 

The Starter Plan includes everything merchants need to build social-first businesses, on their phone. The plan allows merchants to create product pages that are easily shareable across social and messaging apps, powered by Shopify checkout, payment, order, and analytics features. 

You can learn more about the Shopify Starter Plan here

The solution to this question is not related to the plan you're subscribed to. If you have forgotten your PIN, then you can change it in your Shopify admin. You must have the Manage Point of Sale staff permission to change a staff PIN. More information on POS can be found here.

Disclaimer: Due to the age of this thread, we will be locking the thread for new replies. Please create a new thread under the Shopify Discussions board for questions relating to the Starter plan.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Lkgkrueger
Tourist
5 0 5

Me too...support was not helpful. Hoping something will happen here.

HelenaSarah
Tourist
3 0 13

I am trying to set mine up too and the same thing has happened to me as well. 

HelenaSarah
Tourist
3 0 13

@Castillomellis In case you are still having the same problem. I  have spoken to the lovely Joanna with the support team. This is what I had to do: 

Go to your settings on your phone - so I have an iphone so on your iphone go Settings > Shopify POS > Reset account settings

And on Shopify go to settings > users and permission > click your name > click generate pin. 

I had created my own pin but i don't think that works. So generate a pin in the Admin as described above. 

Then log back in to the shopify POS app and the pin you have generated should now let you in as long as you reset the account setting under your iphone settings first. 

Hope this makes sense and helps you - it worked for me anyway. Just wish this was described somewhere on their support pages. Would have made my life a lot easier 🙂 

BetsyMarie
Visitor
2 0 1

this worked!!!! thank you, I was completely out of my mind trying to figure it out.

Natalie77
Visitor
1 0 1

Hooray! This worked (after an hour of googling). Thanks so much. 

Perrystead
Tourist
4 0 9

That totally worked. Didn't have to reset anything in the app. Just went to settings in the control panel and followed your tip. THANK YOU!

tms258
Tourist
6 0 3

It worked!!! Thank you so much!

Kimjbow
Tourist
4 0 0

You are amazing!! Thanks so much!! You saved me a ton of frustration!! 

thebestbling
Visitor
3 0 0

Followed the directions.  I was able to generate a PIN.  I go back to the app and put in my PIN.  It tells me that it is incorrect.  When I reset the account, it did not log me out.  Also, I click SAVE and it keeps saying unsaved changes.  So confused. HELP! Have an event today.  I'm trying to use it.

thebestbling
Visitor
3 0 0

Tried it again.  There was an error message that I did not see.  Thanks for your help!

Jacqueline_Kitz
Visitor
1 0 0

Amazing! Thank you!

manesource
Visitor
1 0 0

This information seems helpful if only I can find User-Permission in my iPhone. Could you screenshot your User-permission in settings?

Thank you so much!

Monique G.

Mammie
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m getting the same message

TerraHaven
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately it’s not working for me. I tried resetting POS account through my iPad settings, logging in & out of Shopify account, deleting the app & redownloading, deleting the sales channel through Shopify... Still can’t view Staff under my POS sales channel to access the PIN reset. Who would have guessed you can’t choose your own PIN with Lite? Thankfully my event isn’t until Saturday... Any other ideas to fix this?? Thanks!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, everyone! 

We’re following up on this thread as it mentions the Shopify Lite plan. 

We’d like to announce that as of June 22nd, 2022, we have launched the Shopify Starter Plan! The Starter Plan will be $5 per month and will be replacing the Shopify Lite plan ($9/month). 

The Starter Plan includes everything merchants need to build social-first businesses, on their phone. The plan allows merchants to create product pages that are easily shareable across social and messaging apps, powered by Shopify checkout, payment, order, and analytics features. 

You can learn more about the Shopify Starter Plan here

The solution to this question is not related to the plan you're subscribed to. If you have forgotten your PIN, then you can change it in your Shopify admin. You must have the Manage Point of Sale staff permission to change a staff PIN. More information on POS can be found here.

Disclaimer: Due to the age of this thread, we will be locking the thread for new replies. Please create a new thread under the Shopify Discussions board for questions relating to the Starter plan.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog