Stock take on an ipad?

Tim77
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm currently looking for an inventory control app, which able to stock-take on an ipad (I have 1000+ SKU... need to advoid manually input in excel sheet). Any advices?

Thanks

0 Likes
Henry_Meredith
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Tim,

Same here. Similar quantity of SKU's and I tried using the CSV doc and searching products manually via name or barcode and it was way too time consuming to persist with.

Actually considering moving to Vend POS as its such a big issue for us as their inventory management seems much more robust.

Anybody with the same issue or any advice?

Thanks

0 Likes
Tim77
3 0 0

Anyone?

Thanks

0 Likes
Tough_Love
Shopify Partner
276 0 42

I would need to know more about your product but you need to organize your products and tag them. 

They you can search by tag and export a smaller list.  

Example.  

It you sell tools and you keep all your hammers on one rack.   You need to tag all your hammers with "hammer" then export your list of hammers and take inventory.  

You can do it by vendor or color, However you organize your products 

i have 27,000 items and taking inventory is  breeze.

We organize our products by vendor.   We inventory each vendor one at a time.  About 100 different.     

0 Likes
alex_bcn
5 0 0

Hi Tim77,

We're a bit late to the party, but if you're still interested and on the lookout for a mobile friendly quick stock take solution.

Give our app Tot up a try.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

0 Likes
brdata
Excursionist
24 0 0

Hi,

The "Stock Take" app can scan barcodes directly from the Shopify POS/Admin app on your iPad/iPhone/Android device using the camera.

https://apps.shopify.com/stock-take

Select the inventory location, choose whole store or filter by vendors/product types, take stock by scanning items with your mobile camera or with a barcode scanner. You can also search and update inventory by SKU. Unlike some other apps it takes in to account unfulfilled inventory while counting stock. Once you're done, you can download the stock take in CSV format or apply all inventory changes to Shopify.

Also, the Stock Take app "adjusts" the available inventory as opposed to setting the inventory to an absolute number for each product variant. This ensures that the available count remains correct even if there are online sales during the stock take.

Thanks.

Full disclosure: I work for BR Data Solutions the author of Stock Take.

0 Likes