Why is my Shopify store unable to connect to Vimeo?

TimEich
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello everyone! 

I have been trying to post a video that I created on Vimeo to my store, but it always says that it cannot connect to Vimeo and that I should try again later.

Does anyone have an idea about this? 

Thanks a lot! 

Tim

Replies 7 (7)

Patrick121
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Tim,

I also have vimeo on my store and it's still working. Maybe worthwhile checking two things:

1. Did you 'copy embed code' from vimeo (under share) into your Shopify product page?

2. Did you select Anywhere regarding where can this be embedded?

Regards

Patrick 

TimEich
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Patrick, 

Thank you very much for answering. 

I have tried publishing directly to my store, but the only place it grants the option to publish is on one of my product pages. 

I have also tried the embedded link and a normal like (copy and paste) as I want the video on the home page. 

I'm not sure how to make it work... 

Kind Regards, 

Tim 

Mimiromo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Tim,

Did this ever get resolved?  I'm having the same problem.  

mikylajanise
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey this worked for me. Try adding a block that says "Custom Liquid". Copy & Paste the embedded link from vimeo & paste that into the box that says "Custom Liquid". Hope that helps.

digialkrouse
Excursionist
15 2 5

Hi, Tim. I got the same error message when I tried using a simple link to embed video on my store's home page while editing an unpublished theme. After flailing around for a bit, I decided to hit Save anyway. Then I checked the page, and the video had embedded from Vimeo, despite the error message.

Faithumbi
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I fixed this by changing the vimeo URL to

https://player.vimeo.com/video/ put video id here”

Instead of using the direct link to the video on Vimeo,

Hope it helps.

caliman
Visitor
3 0 0

This worked thanks! For some reason the Autoplay wont work.