Struggling to track inventory with bundle sales!

Fandrops
5 0 0

Hi,

We have struggled for quite some time now with an issue related to our stock tracking. We are able to track inventory on all our items when the product we list only have one item of course.
Our struggle is with the bundles we offer. Our bundles are unable to count/track inventory of each item inside the bundle separately.

We have listed some "products" in shopify called "Pick n mix". This is for bundles of several items, and some of the items in this bundle come in different variations/flavours.
We let the customer select the preferred flavours of the items with a dropdown menu. We are currently using an app called "Infinite Options" in order to create the dropdown menu that give the different flavour options.

Our issue is that when customers choose the flavours they want, we are unable to track the sale of these flavours. Since we offer this product both as a product with the single item, but also in a bundle, we would like to link the flavours somehow to the single items in the store as well so we have one point with a total inventory for this product we are able to track.
Right now its only the products with the single items that are being tracked, and every time someone orders the bundle with the multiple items, we have to manually write down the items sold and withdraw this from the single products inventory in order to have control of the total inventory of this product at all times.

We are growing, and taking in more products, so we need the system to be able to automaticly track our inventory all the time.
There has to be a solution to how to link the items in the dropdown to the product that offer this as a single item, so the inventory tracking can happen automaticly from one place.

Can someone help us out with this issue? Would be highly appreciated!
Images attached to show our dropdown as well as the single products.

Replies 16 (16)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Our bundleup app lets users manage their inventory by bundling up each variant with the components. When an order comes through we convert the order line from the bundle to the components thus being able to maintain correct inventory. We also update inventory of the bundles based on the component availability so you don't oversell.

Infinite Options adds additional data to an order line so there is no way of monitoring inventory automatically from it as you aren't setting up distinct variations. It is great app if you have lots of options you want to add to overcome the Shopify variation cap but the negative is it doesn't give inventory control. You would need to consider if you can swap to standard variation listings without the additional options and if so bundling the variations would solve the inventory issues.

What you could do is set up some products using the standard variation method or just single products and create bundles within them. There is no theme edits required as it is all managed in the backend. That way you can try this method out and see if it helps you automate while still maintaining your current listings. Let me know if you would like a hand to test out our bundle app and can guide you on setup.

Regards

Tom

Fandrops
5 0 0

Hi Tom,

thank you for getting pack to us.

This sounds very promising, however, if we do not have the ability to give the customer options to vary between different options, then this would be a completely new product.
As previously stated in my message, this solution is needed for our "Pick n mix" deals. Pick and mix mean that the customer are able to create a package with the products of their likings within certain parameters.
Its not like they can pick n mix any products, its between the different flavours within the specific product line.

I assume your app do not give the ability for the customer to pick variations out of the type of product?

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

The issue is around the options app you are using in that it won't allow inventory tracking the way it functions. If you could move to more standard variations than it gives you more options for inventory control. Obviously it would be a big change and because of Shopify variation limit isn't always feasible.

Regards

Tom

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

If your using unique SKUS then you probably want to look for an app that syncs inventory stock by sku

Or use an automation app to reflect your specific business logic such as usemechanic

, usemechanic has several starting tasks in this area https://tasks.mechanic.dev/sync-inventory-for-shared-skus , https://tasks.mechanic.dev/?q=sync , https://tasks.mechanic.dev/?q=bundle 

Keep in mind if you have multiple locations or other complex logistics you'll probably need to create something custom.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

bridesmaidboxes
Tourist
5 0 2

Wow this is so similar to me! I have spent hours and hours and $$$$ Trying to get my inventory to sync only to realise that the 'sales' dont. I have a hamper business and within it I have products along with bridal wear with size variants. I have to manually then try and work out sales from those bundles and then somehow work out the style/robe size too. AHHH. 

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
891 23 171

Hi @Fandrops 

You can try my bundle app BYOB. Our app creates bundles as virtual standalone products. And we create a custom product template so that customers can select any x items in a collection. 

When an order is paid, our app converts the order to add the individual items so that the inventory can be deducted. I guess the process is somehow similar to your manual inventory work. But our app just automates it. 

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
Fandrops
5 0 0

Hey,

Thank you. We will check out your app.
Let you know if any issues occure.

Thanks

PauloM
Shopify Partner
47 1 3

Hey @Fandrops 

Have you already checked PickyStory's combo deals?

Combo Products enable you to bundle products as a single product, add to collections and advertise across your marketing channels. The good thing about our combo products is that they are tracked on an individual product basis which is exactly what you wanted for a bundle. Also, PickyStory offers different types of bundles and they are all synced with your Shopify inventory.

You can check our live example for the combo product here

Hope this helps and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or if you need help setting up your bundles.

Paulo M. | PickyStory

E-commerce expert? Join our partner program!

Not applicable

Hi @Fandrops 

Hope you are well.

The issue that may arise when picking variations out of the type of product on the app that you are currently using is when monitoring the inventory and tracking if its functionality is working well.

I think Bundle Kit app may be able to resolve this issue for you if you would use standard variations, as Tom mentioned, for a better inventory control. With our app you will be able to build a bundle with multiple variants each containing different products of different quantities.

If you are using unique SKUs, then our app will automatically list out them in the bundle order, which will then be automatically updated and it will also inspect every single incoming order, and manage its price by computing it in real-time, so it is less time consuming, and costly.

You can test out our app for free: https://apps.shopify.com/bundle-kit

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or want us to guide you through the process.
Best,
Ana

Fandrops
5 0 0

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for responding to our shoutout for help.

This sound interesting, we will check out your app for sure.

Thanks again

FastBundleApp
Excursionist
45 1 4

Hello Fandrops

If the flavors are defined as variants of the main product, our app can handle it. It's Free. If it didn't work for you, try to find an app that has the Mix & Match feature. 

adam_bn
Shopify Partner
79 4 16

Highly recommend you try Stocklink: Sync Inventory 

It's a simple app that allows you to easily link product inventories. In your case, when a bundle is purchased the app would automatically decrease the inventory of the included products. (It would reverse this if the order was edited or cancelled).

Install: https://apps.shopify.com/stocklink

Steven_Tuckey
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Fandrops,

Just wondering if you were able to find a solution for this? I have had a look at all of the apps suggested here and none of them seemed to solve the problem you were having. I am having the same issue and tried each of these with no solution.

I did manage to find an app I am fairly happy with so far (allows me to create multiple products within a bundle with each variant attached to a specific product variant), so thought I would suggest it here in case anyone found it helpful: Simple Bundles.

Hope it helps!

(I am not affiliated with this app, just found it useful for my store)

MarkReplenishMe
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hi Steven and @Fandrops,

We have built ReplenishMe to forecast and automate PO's for stock replenishment, for standalone SKUs and bundled components.  Simple UI with huge power in the algorithm to make life easy for merchants in keeping their replenishment in line with their sales growth.

Check it out here... https://apps.shopify.com/replenish-me

If you'd value a conversation with one of our supply chain experts let us know!

Cheers,

Mark

ReplenishMe

ballboyz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Fandrops,

Have you found a solution to this? I would love to find what app or solution I can use for this problem. I am trying to solve this exact issue and have not found the solution. Similarly I need the individual product variants in my bundles to be accounted for when bought in a bundle so I can have an accurate sales tracking without having to manually look at each order and add them to my sales tracking. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Hi @ballboyz there are lots generalized off-the-shelf inventory sync apps/service available, finding the one for your specific needs generally will always require individual research.

💡Be aware native bunding features are now generally available on on shopify.

With this system the actual component items and their quantity are part of the product order.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/bundles 

shopifys free bundles management app https://apps.shopify.com/shopify-bundles 

If you have a custom scenario that off-the-shelf apps can't work with look at automation apps mesa or mechanic.

Usemechanic has several starting tasks in this area https://tasks.mechanic.dev/sync-inventory-for-shared-skus , https://tasks.mechanic.dev/?q=sync , https://tasks.mechanic.dev/?q=bundle 

If you need a process fixed or automation created then contact me directly by email for services.
Please always provide context, examples: store url, theme name, post url(s) , or any further detail.
Contact Info in signature.

Good Hunting.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org