Subscription App for food business

nidusfoods
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, my e-commerce works with prepared food like a meal prep. We are ready to move to the subscription model but I can't find any app that would solve my issue. What I'm planning to do is: Let's say I have 100 dishes on my menu and every week my customer needs to pick 5 dishes from that menu paying the same amount. The customer just tells me what he wants and I will deliver for the same cost every week. Does anyone know an app that would do something similar to that?

Replies 2 (2)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi @nidusfoods.

Thank you for your message and for providing context to your idea, I would be happy to offer some suggestions moving forward.

This sounds like a great idea and I can totally understand the subscription platform you are hoping to create, you were right in looking for an application to help out with this idea. It can sometimes be tricky to find a specific application for food-related services or subscriptions, but luckily most subscription apps can be customized to fit your specific needs. My first thought would be to look into the Bold Subscriptions app, which is available on our App store here. Bold Subscriptions gives you the flexibility to create a subscription offering that's as simple or complex as you want, so you are able to fully customize the type of subscriptions you want to offer your customers. You would need to be using Shopify Payments, Authorize.net or PayPal Express as your payment gateway to use Bold Subscriptions, so that is something to keep in mind. The Bold app is one of our most popular and widely used applications for recurring purchases, however, it can be a bit pricey for some at $49.99 USD a month.

If this app is too expensive for you, you could always look into a similar and free option, such as the Subscription and Recurring Order app here. This app is also customizable and offers you a free plan to download, keep in mind depending on the functionality you need, additional payment plans are available at different tiered prices:

Both of these applications offer trial periods wherein you can download the app and make sure they meet your exact requirements. However, if you have specific questions about the apps, I would recommend reaching out to the app developers' support teams directly. You can do so on the application listings on our App store directly under the "support" area:

Alternatively, if these application options are still not able to be customized to your exact idea, you could always reach out to a local developer or Shopify Expert to customize something for you.

I hope these ideas help you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here directly with any questions you may have, we are always happy to chat! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

nidusfoods
Visitor
2 0 1
Hi Marty,

Many thanks for your support!

I’m talking with some developers and support from the apps.

Your help was really appreciated it.

Best Regards,