What is the optimal plugin for uploading a supplier csv file in Shopify?

PeterW2021
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I am new to this so please bear with me.

I am starting a shopify store. My supplier has sent me a csv file so I can upload products to my store. However, when I did this, some of the pricing got corrupted and the stock levels weren't matching the suppliers (my store should automatically update as they change stock levels). They suggested using a plugin to upload the csv file.

Can anyone suggest the best plugin for this and how to go about it? It is a single csv file.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Replies 3 (3)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey Peter

You need to ensure your csv file is in correct format. Best way to do this is to export your existing products and then use that csv file as a template to copy your supplier data into.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export

If you need to sync your supplier data on a schedule then you can integrate the data feed with different apps. The main thing is you need to map your columns to the correct format in Shopify.

Regards

Tom

PeterW2021
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have any existing products. This is my first e-commerce shop and this is my first and only CSV file so I don't have any products to export to use as a template unfortunately.

Honestly thought it was just a matter of saving their csv file, then uploading in my shopify store admin. How would I find the correct format it needs to be? I checked the shopify help sections and the csv file columns look correct.

Thanks again,

Peter

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey Peter

Just create a product directly in the Shopify dashboard and then export it so you can compare the files. Normally you should get some error message if the file import fails.

Regards

Tom