Swap between stores in shopify inbox

EmmyBrown
Tourist
3 0 2

Does anyone know if there's a way to swap between stores in Shopify Inbox? We run 3 separate stores and currently the only way I can access each store's inbox is to log out and relog back in. It's taking far too long and means it's difficult to respond in a timely fashion. Does anyone have a solution to this? Many thanks

Replies 7 (7)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
1240 149 272

Hey, @EmmyBrown 

If you have multiple Shopify stores you can easily do so from within your admin. Which doesn't require you to reenter your details every time. The store switcher contains the Shopify stores where you have an account with the same email address. So as long as the stores have the same email you can switch. More on that can be found here

Otherwise, you can open up multiple windows in your browser for each store you want to manage and view the Shopify Inbox from there. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tomsk
2 0 1

Hi

What about in the Inbox app? At the moment the only way (I find) to change store, is to log out and log in again. This is way too difficult.

-Tom

agriswork
1 0 1

I have found the same annoying issue, have you already found a solution?

What I do is open up 2 different browsers on my computer - one with the Shopify Inbox for Store 1, another for Store 2.

But still, would love to be able to just switch quickly.

Tomsk
2 0 1

No solution or answer from @Dirk . As you said, opening 2 or more different browser windows on computer is one solution, but I think swapping between store should definitely be possible also in the app. Without this feature the app is almost useless for those who have more than one store.

EmmyBrown
Tourist
3 0 2

Yeah, sadly this is what I'm having to do on the desktop. Driving me crazy that there's no way to swap between stores on the app though - I've got authenticator turned on so takes an age to log out and then relog into the other stores. It could be such a useful tool but just doesn't take into consideration those who have more than 1 store. Let's hope they hear us and try and get this functionality added at the soonest.

EmmyBrown
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi @Dirk, thanks for trying to help - sadly that doesn't work - you need to use 3 separate browsers on the desktop, as 1 browser with tabs just reverts to the inbox you've most recently logged into. As for the App, you have to log out and log back in again to access different stores inboxes - not ideal at all. It could be a great tool - but just doesn't take into consideration those of us Shopify users who have more than 1 store.

Dirk
Shopify Staff
1240 149 272

Thanks for the feedback @EmmyBrown! At this time, that would be the only workaround that I can think of. With that said, I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our development team for potential implementation in the future.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog