Swap between stores in shopify inbox

EmmyBrown
Tourist
5 0 7

Does anyone know if there's a way to swap between stores in Shopify Inbox? We run 3 separate stores and currently the only way I can access each store's inbox is to log out and relog back in. It's taking far too long and means it's difficult to respond in a timely fashion. Does anyone have a solution to this? Many thanks

Replies 28 (28)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @EmmyBrown 

If you have multiple Shopify stores you can easily do so from within your admin. Which doesn't require you to reenter your details every time. The store switcher contains the Shopify stores where you have an account with the same email address. So as long as the stores have the same email you can switch. More on that can be found here

Otherwise, you can open up multiple windows in your browser for each store you want to manage and view the Shopify Inbox from there. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tomsk
Visitor
2 0 10

Hi

What about in the Inbox app? At the moment the only way (I find) to change store, is to log out and log in again. This is way too difficult.

-Tom

agriswork
Visitor
1 0 3

I have found the same annoying issue, have you already found a solution?

What I do is open up 2 different browsers on my computer - one with the Shopify Inbox for Store 1, another for Store 2.

But still, would love to be able to just switch quickly.

Tomsk
Visitor
2 0 10

No solution or answer from @Dirk . As you said, opening 2 or more different browser windows on computer is one solution, but I think swapping between store should definitely be possible also in the app. Without this feature the app is almost useless for those who have more than one store.

EmmyBrown
Tourist
5 0 7

Yeah, sadly this is what I'm having to do on the desktop. Driving me crazy that there's no way to swap between stores on the app though - I've got authenticator turned on so takes an age to log out and then relog into the other stores. It could be such a useful tool but just doesn't take into consideration those who have more than 1 store. Let's hope they hear us and try and get this functionality added at the soonest.

EmmyBrown
Tourist
5 0 7

Hi @Dirk, thanks for trying to help - sadly that doesn't work - you need to use 3 separate browsers on the desktop, as 1 browser with tabs just reverts to the inbox you've most recently logged into. As for the App, you have to log out and log back in again to access different stores inboxes - not ideal at all. It could be a great tool - but just doesn't take into consideration those of us Shopify users who have more than 1 store.

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Thanks for the feedback @EmmyBrown! At this time, that would be the only workaround that I can think of. With that said, I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our development team for potential implementation in the future.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Leighton-C
Shopify Partner
3 0 6

Any update on this? 
Really want to use this app but need to have multiple stores

Auriga_Digital
Tourist
4 0 4

"Future"... 6 months have gone by. Listen to your customers please.

Hussain9
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi Dirk 

I’ve encountered this problem now that I have more than one store. Can you please reach out to the development team to resolve. I not this has been ongoing now for 2 years

hwhouston
Visitor
2 0 6

Almost one year later and there is still no option to have a unified Shopify Inbox for all your stores in one place. This really needs to happen.

shawnx
Visitor
2 0 2

Shopify never listens to clients!

noeltroy
Tourist
4 0 0

Sadly this doesn't actually solve the issue as the inbox forces you back into the same inbox unless you log out and back in. Gotta get that fixed. 

EmmyBrown
Tourist
5 0 7

I thought that at first - but if you click, or go to, the login page link each time, it asks you to choose which store you want to go into. It has to be the login page though - any other page, and it just reverts back to the inbox you were in before. It's a hack - but it's better than nothing whilst they take their sweet a** time actually fixing what really should be a simple fix. 

911dutygear
Visitor
1 0 2

@Dirk Any update on this?

dkhoury
Visitor
2 0 2

I agree that this is a big handicap for Shopify Inbox. If they can do it for Shopify, why can't they allow you to easily switch mailboxes with Shopify Inbox? Should be a obvious requirement given how many people have multiple stores. 🤔 

MarcoM0857
Excursionist
34 0 115

The best and simple workaround at this time is to bookmark on your browser bar, the "Shopify Inbox" login page and swiftly switch to any store/account that use the same admin email address.

Here is the link: https://inbox.shopify.com/store_login

hwhouston
Visitor
2 0 6

I quit using it because of this issue. We have 6 sites. Unless something has changed, you only receive message notifications for the store you're logged into. What if a customer messages you from another store? You need to be able to receive notifications for all your inboxes. I would also suggest a Slack integration (or similar) and allow you to assign each inbox to a channel in Slack.

Kvhorn
Tourist
10 0 2

any updates for the IPhone App? This is really important!?!

raejbrown
Visitor
1 0 1

Any update on this yet? It’s pretty simple. Just make it like the app. 

MattHolmes
Visitor
1 0 1

Instead of logging out of your Shopify account, try selecting a different store on the Inbox Store Login page each time you want to change the Inbox.

EmmyBrown
Tourist
5 0 7

Hey @MattHolmes that's a good hack whilst we wait for Shopify to bring the functionality in. I've bookmarked the login page and can stop using the back button now!

MarcoM0857
Excursionist
34 0 115

This works, and it is the best workaround at this time. Simply bookmark the "Shopify Inbox" login page and swiftly switch to any account here is the link:

https://inbox.shopify.com/store_login

ojkaiko
Visitor
1 0 0

Any update on this?

campingHq
Visitor
2 0 0

Any update on this? seems it should be a simple button on the App to 'switch stores', I need to answer question wherever I am, I can't be on the computer day and night.

dkhoury
Visitor
2 0 2

It was fixed. When you switch stores, you simply go your your Shopify Inbox and it will be the inbox for the store you selected. 

quarfie
Visitor
2 0 0

In the app?

CJ_GTKME
Visitor
1 0 0

It’s actually easy. 
Go to your Shopify app on your phone & switch to the store you want to access Shopify Inbox for. 
Once you’re in the right store in the Shopify app (not the inbox one) click the three dots in bottom right go to sales channels and click Shopify Inbox -> It now puts your Shopify Inbox app into the right store. 
not as convenient as it should be but it’s the only work around presently other than Zapier integrations (you can automate chat to one inbox this way but it’s not great) or move to something like Zendesk, Zoho or Freshchat - and use their chat in your site.