Solved

Switch between wholesale and retail price

inordlund
5 0 0

Hi! Im opening up a Shopify store in Sweden targeting both B2C and B2B within Sweden. I would like to integrate some type of button that can switch between prices for private customers and prices for business customers (prices including tax for private customers and excluding tax for business customers), is there an app I don't know about? And also - I need a well functioning payment solution for B2B, anyone who can recommend me a solution?

I appreciate all the help I can get!

/ Ida 

Accepted Solution (1)
Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, again! That is effectively what those apps achieve, they segment the store based on what account the customer/wholesale customer is using and provide them with their own product pricing structure. I suggest reaching out to them for more information, as I reckon it could be exactly what you're looking for. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. This is a great question.

What tier subscription plan were you thinking about for your store? Shopify Plus, our highest tier enterprise-level plan, offers a wholesale functionality that would meet these needs. 

If Shopify Plus fees are too high for your new business, there are some alternative options for wholesale here

Most businesses, however, tend to install a wholesale app that can add this functionality to their store. These apps basically break your store into two, one part for retail, and one part for your wholesale customers. You can find a full list of those apps here in our App Store. I'd suggest reaching out to some of the app developers with your specific business needs to determine which app best suits your business. 

Let me know your thoughts! 

inordlund
5 0 0

Thank you for such a quick response! Unfortunately, Shopify Plus is not within our budget. Do you have some type of payment solution to recommend that will make it possible for businesses to checkout? Is it for example possible to integrate with the "Create account" function already existing on Shopify - but they can create an account for either the private customers or business customers?

/ Ida 

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, again! That is effectively what those apps achieve, they segment the store based on what account the customer/wholesale customer is using and provide them with their own product pricing structure. I suggest reaching out to them for more information, as I reckon it could be exactly what you're looking for. 

Stephhrev
Excursionist
33 0 7

Hey! 

Did you choose an APP? I am also looking for the same!

Thanks!

inordlund
5 0 0

Hi! I tried EasyLockdown but I unfortunately I wasn't happy with the app. It felt too complicated for a customer to have to log in to see their correct prices. 

Conversion_Bear
Shopify Partner
56 0 31

Hi Ida,

with Wholesale Bear you can set different prices for difference customer groups.

Customers get access to a dedicated wholesale catalog (that includes special prices based on your rules) right after they login.

Unlike other wholesale apps, you don't need any developers or custom integration to launch your wholesale pricing.

Wholesale Bear is one click to launch.

Key features we offer:

• Wholesale pricing based on customers tags
  • Net terms orders
  • Custom shipping rates
  • Discount rounding
  • Target specific countries
  • Pricing time limits
  • Tax exempt
  • Analytics

Last note - we're giving away 1000 free for life licenses if you install during our launch month.

Lynda.

Customer Success @ Conversion Bear

Zoeproduction
Shopify Partner
13 0 2

Hi Ida,

I don't know if you still need this function, but if you do we have recently released an app that solves just this. It works on any plan and you can find it here - https://apps.shopify.com/tax-selector 

I'm from Sweden as well and know that this functionality is common around here.

If you would like help implement it, we can help you with this and you can schedule a free Zoom call if you would like to talk more - https://calendly.com/zoeproduction/30min

Have a nice evening!

BR

Adam