tiktok unable to add payment method

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17

Hi everyone,

I am implementing in my sales channel TikTok. The last thing I need to do is synchronize it with the payment method. 

Although my bank account works properly, the process is always denied, as you can see from the pic. 

problema tiktok.PNG

Is there any way I can sort it out?

Thanks in advance

Replies 31 (31)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @gnaro!

Thanks for the screenshot. Have you tried any troubleshooting to try and resolve this already? It looks like a local issue at the moment, so I have a few suggestions for things you could test out:

• Clear the cache and cookies on your Google Chrome browser following these steps. This is a common fix for similar issues.
  • Try to reset your internet - network errors can often be the cause behind issues like this.
  • Test it on an alternative device. For example, if you're currently on desktop, try to do this on mobile.

If you try all of the above and it still doesn't work, please reach out to our support here as we might need to take a closer look at it ourselves. The reason that I am redirecting you to that link is because I am not currently able to look into your account details via the Shopify Community.

On the topic of sales channels, have you implemented any others besides TikTok? Sales channels can be a great way for you to expand your horizons, so don't limit yourself to just one! A suggestion, if you haven't done this already, is to set up with the Facebook Sales Channel. Facebook Shop allows customers to buy directly from your Facebook page, so this is also goes hand in hand with your social media presence. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17

Hi Lana,

thanks for your reply.

I have done all the solutions you provided, but I still haven't solved the issue. I have multiple sales channels installed. 

I am emailing the support center for that!

thanks 

Tyler4Southcott
Visitor
2 0 0

Have you figured out the issue? I’m having the same problem. Thanks in advance. 

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17
absolutely not.
it is 2 months that tiktok customer service keep saying that they will
update me soon but nothing happened.
I am absolutely pissed off.
toms1
Visitor
1 0 2

yeah same problem it's a shame

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17

Actually I just bypass the problem.

I add the PayPal payment.

I have done it twice, as the first time didn’t work out.

so, try and then wee if it works.

if yes, I think you can mark as solved.

please, let me know.

cheers

Jfriend
Visitor
1 0 2

it is not even giving me the option to choose paypal. I have clear cookies and cache, switched to different wifi, used another device, double/triple checked all my info and it is still not enough. I even made a tiktok ad account and tried to hook this card up to it and the same thing. I called my bank and they said everything was fine, It even works for Facebook. For some reason tiktok is not accepting my card.

ShopAtRells
Visitor
2 0 0

Not sure if this would be helpful, but I finally got the PayPal option to pop up and was able to add a payment after switching to Chrome. My new laptop has Edge and I didn’t realize I wasn’t on Chrome which is my favorite! 🤦🏾‍♀️

Hope this may help someone! 🤞🏾

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17
Hi!
I have recently done the same and apparently it worked.
So, happy New Years to everybody!!
Erandude
Visitor
2 0 1

it's killing me, I can't fix this

Nemia
Tourist
3 0 2

I'm facing the same problem, can anyone tell me how to add PayPal as payment method?

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17

Basically, once they ask you to add a payment method, choose Paypal. Then you can also link your Paypal account to any bank account you have. 

Hope this makes sense. 

Nemia
Tourist
3 0 2

it does not show up for me to choose PayPal.. only cards

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17
Seems odd, are you trying to link it via Shopify? Or via business.tiktok?
Nemia
Tourist
3 0 2

I tried both.. only card shows up! it's frustrating 

gnaro
Explorer
66 0 17
Can you upload a screenshot of the method you can choose from?
Kier
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. TikTok support told me that they couldn't help me and closed my support ticket so I'm going to have to figure this out by myself. How do you upload PayPal as an option?

Everay
Visitor
2 0 3

@Kier As far as I know the TikTok customer support is not able to change the Payment Method or Payment Type. But on my experience (besides this issue) the TikTok support is awesome, actually. Don't give up, maybe try to change the language of your TikTok Ads Business Manager Website before verifying your payment method again. That's what helped me in the end. (Changed it from english to german, which is my native language and where I live)

Other things to try:

- adding the payment method with different browsers and devices

- allow pop-ups in your browser (very important)

- try it with Inkognito-Mode

- make sure that your debit/ credit card has 3D verification/ security (you can ask your bank support about that)

- check if everything else is fine with your card (I guess it probably is)

- maybe consider doing marketing on other channels as long as you can't use TikTok, so that you don't waste time and then try again later

Again, if I have to compare the customer support of FB and TikTok, TikTok is so helpful and they are willing to help, whereas here in Germany it is even impossible (or at least very difficult) to get help from Facebook at all.

Jeff67
Shopify Partner
6 0 3

I am having the same issue as everyone else here and I tried changing it to German and that was no help.

yacine96
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

i have same problem on payment methods i can't to add my card , can you tell me the solution please

@gnaro 

checkmarkit
Tourist
6 0 1

create a new tiktok ad account and select manual payments, then chose paypal 😉

obehi29x
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

Just want to say thank you personally for the Chrome hack, i’ve been experiencing the same problem for weeks now and tiktok and shopify weren’t much help.

Glad we could sort this out 🙂

Yacin11
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey everybody who has the problem with paiment failure tiktok manager ads 

the problem is when you pay with VISA actually tiktok prefer master cart i tried ot in almost 3 account and its works 

Everay
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi everyone, I had the same issue and have contacted the TikTok customer support and the customer support of my debit card. Non of it helped, but there was one thing that helped me: I just changed the language of the TikTok Ads Business Manager Website to my native language, which is german. Before that I had it in english. After changing the language of the website I just tried it again and voila it works. I hope that this can help you too, I know how frustrating it is.

MVMNTCNSR
Visitor
1 0 0

It also worked for me. Thanks.

qwerty007
Visitor
1 0 0

I can confirm, changing the language to Deutsch fixed the issue (and I'm located in the US). Was able to add my card first try with that.

Fernandov
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue, they told me the same thing as everyone else. Change browser and clear the cache, but it doesn't work. The Paypal option doesn't show up. Does anyone have a solution? 

LucyTSOMT
Visitor
2 0 1

We had the same issue.

In our case it seems like it was an issue with Mastercard. I’ve read this in a couple of other places as well that it doesn’t seem to like them. We made a new virtual card through our business bank account that was a Visa card and it accepted it straight away. So maybe try that?

Hope that helps!

Mls2
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem, can someone help me?

Alex353
Visitor
1 0 0

I have same problem lol did anyone try find the solution ? im going try i guess link paypal account but i hate paypal they stealing peoples money and I cant connect FB channel because there's no options to verify business and is asking verify it somehow

Michealll
Visitor
1 0 0
Ok, thank you