Trouble with shopify app isntallation

builtbyvern
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

I've built two custom apps (one hosted and one purely extensions). When I go to install via the generated distribution link, both give me the same error and refuse to install.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 1.43.39 PM.png

The installation link for this app is invalid

The link for installing APNAME cannot be used. Contact the app developer for more information."

I am the app developer and I have no clue where shopify stores any information that helps me troubleshoot this message. Simple extensions and a very simple hosted app and they both work great on my partner test store. I just can't install for some reason.

Replies 5 (5)

guest4
Shopify Partner
79 5 19

Also seeing this. I'm assuming it has something to do with some 2024 API changes that we're unaware of?

matze_434343
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Any new findings here? 

guest4
Shopify Partner
79 5 19

nathan_o
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Were you able to figure out anything? We just saw the same error today on a new Custom App, having numerous identically configured custom apps having been installed as recently as 12/26 without an issue.

nathan_o
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Our issue was caused by the person installing the app not being the shop owner. They were staff with full permissions, covering everything requested in scopes, including app management, but they saw this error. When the shop owner installed it, the installation worked without issue.