Re: Unable to fully uninstall Product Reviews App

Unable to fully uninstall Product Reviews App

beckyandkaren
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi all, 

I have just removed Product Reviews as an app from my store and installed Judge.me. Although I have deleted Product Reviews app, the option to leave product reviews is still showing up on the website within the product pages.

Could someone help / suggest what I can do to fully remove it and its features? I tried to escalate it through email but I haven’t heard back for a couple of days and would like to get it sorted as soon as possible! 

Thanks in advance 

Replies 6 (6)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2268 154 260

Hi @beckyandkaren,

Thank you for sharing this in the community! What kind of business do you have and products do you sell?

There may be a few reasons as to why the Product Reviews app is still showing the option to leave product reviews after uninstalling. When uninstalling an app from your Apps section, the app itself may have left injected code within your theme.

Could you try previewing your store in a fresh Shopify theme? This will confirm if the app code carries over or if it is injected in the current theme you have published. From your Shopify admin, select Online Store > Themes. Within the Theme library section, select Actions next to the theme that you want to preview and then click Preview.

You mentioned that you've tried escalating this via email and have still not received a response. I recommend checking your inbox, spam, junk folder, etc to locate the ticket number that was created and replying directly to it. 

I'll also share a few helpful tips for the future when uninstalling apps and removing code from your theme.

When you're uninstalling apps from your store, I recommended navigating to your App settings, and searching for an uninstall option. By uninstalling apps using this method it should remove any code that was injected into your theme. For better visibility, I'll share our Help Center resource on working with apps.

For future, when installing new apps to your store I would suggest duplicating your live theme.  Apps may often inject script within your theme. If you are not satisfied with an app you've recently installed, you can revert back to publishing the duplicated theme you've created and the app code will not carry over. 

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Judgeme
Shopify Partner
25 4 3

Hello there,

My name is Lam from Judge.me

We can disable their code for you if you wish, we just need your shop URL to get started.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Judge.me
economics
Visitor
3 0 0

hello, i can not delete complete the judgeme on my site, my site is www.econosite.store , thank you

Judgeme
Shopify Partner
25 4 3

Hello there,

I have checked your store and I see that you have already uninstalled our app. I have also checked some of your live pages and I was unable to find any widgets related to our app. Usually, uninstalling our app is sufficient to stop all of our widgets from being displayed on your store, and I suspect you might be referring to a widget that is not part of our app.

To assist you better, please send us an email to support@judge.me and share with us a few examples where you are seeing our widgets so we can investigate this further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Omar from Judge.me

Judge.me
jwheeler505
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem now that Shopify Reviews is being deprecated. I have uninstalled Shopify Reviews but it's still showing the number of reviews and "Customer Reviews" in my product detail pages. Where in the Dawn Theme code can this be fixed so it doesn't show? 

SpaceBearBags
Tourist
5 0 2

Same issue here. Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 8.09.51 AM.png